Chapter 22 Nico's POV The Lost Family

Chapter 22 Nico’s  POV

Clary yelled something to Jace, before Clary and Percy got swallowed by the ground. And I saw shock register in Jace’s face, but by then Clary and Percy were gone.

Jace came over to me.  “Nico, what’s your last name?” I was confused but answered.

“Di angelo….Why?”

He didn't answer and walked over to Isabelle and Alec, whispering to them and pointing at me as he talked.

“Why are you pointing at me?” I asked them. “How does my last name come into it?”

they walked back to me and Alec asked. “How long has the name Di angelo been in your family?”

“I don't know exactly, a very long time. Why are you asking?” I asked again.

“We think you're a Shadowhunter.” Isabelle told me.

“There was a man called Jonathan Shadowhunter, he was the first to become one of the  Nephilim. The Angel Raziel gave him the Mortal Instruments, and told him to protect Humans from the demons. and we think you're his descendant.”

After she told me this I stared at her in shock.

“Your joking.” I said quickly.

“No, I’m not joking.” Isabelle replied, just as quickly.

“How could I be his descendant?”

“Well after Jonathan Shadowhunter Became the first shadowhunter, he asked his best friend and his sister to join him, his sister became the first Iron sister. And his best friend became the first silent brother.”

I stared at Isabelle in shock.

“And then after a while Jonnathan accepted more people into the race of Nephilim he was creating, and his sister ended up changing her last name to Di Angelo, so she would never forget the adventures she had.

“And as far as we know the name Di angelo has never been used by the mundanes. And the shadowhunter Name Di angelo dropped off the records and hasn't come up until now….” Jace said. Alec nodded.

Annabeth came up to me and put her hand on my shoulder, I guess I must have looked really confused.

“Nico, it is possible….Angles where the messengers of Gods in the Ancient times so it is possible that you are descended from one of them”

“How would you know, if I was one of you or not?” I asked the Shadowhunters.