Chapter 4 Isabelle's POV What a Day

Chapter 4  Isabelle's POV

Alec was getting his jacket and I was pulling on my boots. We were going to go look for Jace and Clary, Jace is not always on time, actually he's almost never on time, but when he's with Clary they are almost always on time. The fact that they were this late (an hour late) was too late. I ran down the steps of the Institute, meeting my brother Alec at the bottom.

"Ready?"  He asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied.

Jace please don't have gotten yourself and Clary killed. I thought as we reached the gate and I swung it open. I pushed that thought aside as we headed to Central Park the spot where Jace and Clary were supposed to meet before meeting us at Magnus's house. We were coming around the corner of the park, when we saw Jace coming towards us with Clary or his shoulder and a boy and a girl our age following him.

"Jace!" Alec yelled running towards them.

I ran after him and saw Jace's eyes light up for just a second and then they went back to being his normal stubborn glare. when we got close enough to see them clearly Clary was unhurt except for a large gash on the back of her head that had dry blood in it. but Jace had cuts all over his body like he got dragged into a thorn bush then back out again.

"What happened?" Alec asked. I could hear the worry in his voice.

"Got attacked by a Hydra, it was no problem I handled it." He said.

"If it was no problem how'd Clary get hurt?" I asked. I knew I'd struck a nerve because Jace flinched and set Clary down at the edge of the trees.

Before he could answer the girl said. "Actually that Hydra was quite strong and battling it wasn't as easy as your friends making it out to be."

I  could tell that the girl had been in combat before because her eyes seemed to be analyzing me, I knew that look it was the look my friends always tell me I have before battle. Looking at someone else and seeing it for the first time made me a little nervous.

"You have some very strange friends." The boy said. I then turned to look at him. He was a little bit taller them Clary and also quite handsome, he had midnight black hair that fell in curls on his head, but he also had his calm sea green eyes that seemed to say I'm always ready for anything you throw at me.

"Who are they?"  I asked.

Jace looked over at me and being more serious than hes ever been before said.  "Some weird kids......."

"I'm Annabeth, and this is Percy." The girl said introducing herself and her friend.

"And we're not kids you look the same age as us!" Percy added.

"I think we all have some explaining to do." Alec said helping Jace hold Clary between them. Her arms hanging off their shoulders limply. "I'll give her a healing rune now. But lets try to get her back to the institute."

Touching my whip that's always hanging at my side, I turned the boy and girl, and said "Follow me."

I headed off down the sidewalk after that, not looking back, I knew they were following me.