Chapter 16 Clary's POV A Full Dose of Adventure

Chapter 16 Clary’s POV

Alec, Jace, and I packed our things into our medium sized backpacks. Annabeth said to pack lightly, and she carries a backpack of that size, so I assumed thats what she meant by packing lightly. I had put in some things in that I thought might be important in a fight, and lots of extra clothes. I was wearing my black shadow hunting gear and I had a stele, two daggers, and a short sword. Attached to my belt. I was zipping up my backpack when I heard a knock on the door of my room.

“Come in!” I yelled. Trying to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything.

The door opened and Alec came in.”Annabeth said that Percy’s Mom is waiting outside in the car, and that it’s time to go.”

“Okay.” I said following him out and closing the door of my room.

We quickly walked down the long halls of the institute, and down the stairs. We arrived at the front doors, and I opened them and held them open for Alec. Then I followed him out down the steps of the institute, we met up with Jace, Annabeth, and Percy outside. We walked out the gates of the institute to find a minivan waiting for us, sitting in the drivers seat was a woman with long straight brown hair, with a few gray strands in it, she waved when Percy walked up to the open passenger side window.

“You must be Sally, Percy's mom right?” I said walking up to the window as well.

“Thats right dear, and you are?” She replied.

“Oh, sorry…..I’m Clary Fray.” I told her smiling the entire time. I think that I like this women, she reminds me of my mom.

I had texted my mom before I left. She said the same rules as Maryse, and she wished me luck. Knowing the shadowhunters were going to need all the luck we can get.