Chapter 24 Clary's POV Monsters, again....

"There it is, the doors of Death." Percy whispered to me and he pointed toward two giant, iron doors carved into the stone wall.

"Alright lets just run overth-"

"Shush!" Percy cut me off mid sentence. "Look." Percy pointed to some monsters approaching the doors

Two of the monsters where human like, except that they had one donkey leg and one bronze human like leg, instead of two human legs. They were followed by a green skinned women with snakes for legs. And two eight foot tall bears.

"I smell Demigod!" The green skinned women hissed. And all the monsters followed her lead when she spun toward us. Percy cursed under his breath.

"Clary get out your sword your going to be needing it." I pulled out my seraph blade, and gripped it in my hand my knuckles turning white. Percy pulled out his pen.

"Zadkiel." I whispered. And my Seraph blade sprang to life. Percy uncapped his pen and we sprang into battle.

"Jackson! You've come to kill me again have you?" One of the Donkey legged girls yelled. as they fought, Percy's sword against her Claws

"Tammi, long time no see!" Percy yelled back.

I was so focused on Percy's battle, I almost got wacked aside, by one of the bears giant paws. I dodged the swipe of its paws, side stepped, and swung my Seraph blade at the snake women trying to sneak up behind me.

"Angel'ss spaun aren't you, I've never killed one of your kind but I'm sure it will be jusst as satissfying as killing the demigodss." She hissed in a Female crossed with a low reptilian voice.

I looked around and saw that I was surrounded by enemies, and that Percy had won his battle with a gash on his shoulder to show for it.

All at once I seemed to become the focus of the monsters attention, with their weapons, claws, and teeth glinting.

"Clary!" I heard Percy yell in the background.

Everything seemed to be in slow motion, and yet it was all moving too fast for me to react quickly enough, I slipped and tumbled to the ground, landing on my back

Then all at once everything was still and quiet, I looked up to see that the monsters had backed up, and above me stood a girl with black hair, and Seaweed green eyes, she was looking at the monsters with an unamused expression.

"Did you all really think I'd let you get to the doors?" The girl asked.

I felt someone help me to my feet from behind and i turned to see Percy helping me up.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I told him.

We turned back to look at the girl, the monsters seemed to be afraid of her, they were all backing away slowly.

"I'm going to give you credit for your attempt though, it was probably a well thought out plan until this demigod got in your way." She gestured at Percy.

The monsters where looking at each other and whispering. I heard the word Death's Daughter repeated a lot amongst them.

"If you don't want to anger me, leave now!" She yelled the last part, pointing at the monsters a scowl on her face.

The monsters slowly backed away and retreated into the darkness of Tartarus. She waited for a couple of minutes before Percy said.

"Are you Zahara?" Percy asked, taking the note from Nico we found at the shrine of Hermes, out from his pocket.

She looked at us in surprise before saying. "Do I know you?"

"No. But we need your help." Percy told her. "I'm Percy Jackson."

"And I'm Clary Fray." I added.

She looked at both of us, with an thoughtful expression on her face.

"How did you get to Tartarus?"

"We fell, and now we need your help to get back." I told her.

"Okay, Ill help you under the one condition that you don't touch me."

We shrugged and agreed to her plan.

She walked to the middle of the doors then she walked a little bit to the left doug away some of the red Tartarus dirt.

"Where did you come from come from?" Zahara asked.

"Camp half blood." Percy replied.

She said something that must have been in ancient greek, because percy seemed to recognise it, then she covered the hole she made, walked back so that she was standing beside the doors and pressed a button.

There was a clank and a sliding sound as the doors slid open like an elevator. Percy walked inside and I followed him in. Once I was inside I realized it is an elevator. Percy pressed the button on the inside and we started going up.