Chapter 11 Maryse POV I'm Scared for Isabelle

"Does anyone have any news about Isabelle?" I asked hopefuly.

Everyone shook their heads. Dammit to hell. I thought, Isabelles been missing for a whole week now, and no ones found any trace of her. Magnus even tried tracking her with his magic, but it failed. And Simons been tearing himself up over it, even though like Robert and myself he wasn't even here when she got kidnaped.

I wish there was someone I could blame!

"Maryse are you okay?" A voice asked. I realised I had my head in my hands, and sitting behind my desk, I probably looked absolutely miserable. Even though I was, I didn't want to look weak, so I said.

"I'm fine."

"No your not, and I'm sorry I brought it up." The voice replied.

I looked up to see Annabeth daughter of Athena, when she and Percy told me they were Demigods, I wasn't surprised at all. I've known about Demigods ever since Robert became the Inquisitor. But we were told not to tell anyone about it. It is a closely guarded secret, one that we kept even from our children, as to not get them involved with the dangerous world of the Demigods. A world even more dangerous than our own.

"Come here Annabeth. Come and sit." I said gesturing to the chair in front of my desk. She sat down in the chair and said.

"Why do the Shadowhunters fight monsters?" That question took me by surprise.

"It's in our blood." I replied.

"Really?" she asked. "Thats the only reason?"

"If theres another reason its to protect our friends and family" I replied.

"I have a question. Do the Shadowhunters have an enemy?" She asked.

"I jumped up at that. "Sebastian!" I said quickly.

"What?" She asked.

"Daughter of Athena you are brilliant! But why would Sebastion take Isabelle? Annabeth, please go and get the others its time for a meeting."

"Okay." She said running off

-------POV switch-------Percy---------

I was sitting in the garden of the Institute. Playing with the water in the fountain, in the center of the garden in the greenhouse.

"Seaweed Brain, were meeting in the library, Maryse has an Idea of who might have taken Isabelle!" Annabeth yelled.

"Okay I'm coming!"  I yelled back.

Running through the green house I stopped in front of Annabeth.

"Lets go!" She said. I still have to find Clary and Jace.

Running through the Institute we looked for them, but only ended up finding Clary."

"Jace is out." She told us.

"Can you text him then and tell him we need him back here now." Annabeth said.

--------Time skip fifteen minutes later-------

Once we were all gathered in the library Maryse started speaking.

"As you all know Isabelle was kidnaped and with some helpful reminders from Annabeth I remembered that we only have one enemy now that Valentine's gone."

Shocked looks appeared on everyone's faces one by one. First it was Clary and Jace Then Alec and Robert Lightwood. Everyone's except Annabeth's and my face because we didn't know who they were talking about. But I had my own hunch Gaia has something to do with this. Little did I know how right I was.