Chapter 9 Annabeth's POV Wise Girl Has No Words

"You should go home. This is dangerous not a game for kids." Jace said. looking directly at Percy and I.

"And just leave you guys to face this alone, not going to happen." I said

"Just go home! What happens in our Shadowhunter family is none of your business." Jace snapped.

"It became our business as soon as you brought us here and were going to help you no matter what!"  Percy said.

"Izzy is my sister and we don't need your help to save her." Alec said.

"What about your parents you'll have to tell them." Magnus stated.

"Need to tell us what?" The door swung open and a tall woman stood and looked around the room.

"Alec? Jace? Where's Isabelle?" The women said tensely.

Alec and Jace looked shocked and avoided looking the women in the eye.

"Well I'm waiting." She said. "Where is Isabelle?"

I didn't know what to do, the aura that surrounded this woman left me speechless, and I found I couldn't move my legs, even if it was a life or death situation.

"Who are you?"  Percy asked.

"I believe I should be asking you that?

"I'm Percy Mam, Percy Jackson." Percy replied.

"And you?" She said. turning to me.

"My name is Annabeth Chase."

"Now ONE OF YOU tell me, where in heaven, hell, or of this world is my daughter?"

"Is your daughter Isabelle lightwood by any chance?" I asked. "I'm sorry to inform you that someone has kidnapped her."

The women quickly drew her dagger, and pushed me up against the wall, her dagger at my throat. Percy started coming towards me.

"Don't move. I'm only talking to this girl at the moment. Where is Isabelle?"  The women asked.

"I'm sorry I don't know...." I replied

"Meeting in the library now!" She said loudly letting me go and leaving the room quickly.

"Ugh, well thats Maryse for you." Jace said.

"We'd better get going." Alec said. Following Maryse out of the room.

Then Jace followed after Alec, and Magnus, Clary, and finally Percy and I. followed them.

"Look at what we've fallen into." Percy said.

"Were you expecting it to be peaceful Seaweed Brain?" I asked.

"No, but I was hoping it would stay peaceful, for a little while at least." He said.

"It's never peaceful for long, and thats fine, we wouldn't really be Demigods if it was peaceful." I said.

"Lets go meet up with the others." He said.

"Okay." I replied.