xxx) Viserys

XXX : The Long Night

It was cold, freezing cold.

Viserys held on to the spikey scales on Zaephyr's back as he secured himself. Snow caught in his silver locks and his fur coat.

He dimmed his violet eyes, trying to fix his gaze on the outside walls and the dark ice plain beyond.

"How is it up there?" Amarys shouted from the weirwood tree in the middle of the castle garden.

"Cold." He turned his head down to his cousin below the stone wall Zaephyr had been clinging on it.
"You want to come up here and experience some fresh air with me?"

"No, thank you." She laughed, brushing the white particles off her black braid.

As his duty is to guard Bran Stark above the garden with his dragon, Amarys' duty is to keep him safe up close.

"Have you seen anything?" She asked while the crippled boy was wheeled in through the stone gates.

"I only saw the Dothraki army and the Unsullieds outside." He said, frowning his brows to focus.

"I'm not sure, but it seems they have gathered some wood around Winterfell. I considered that being the last protection of the castle wall. Further than that is out of my sight."

"How much are they out there?" Amarys raised her dark brows.
"I'm afraid if we would lose too much men."

"About..." He clicked his tongue against his teeth.
"One third...of the whole troops."

She made a short responding sound.

"Make sure your sword is sharp enough then, cousin."

"I should be the one who say that to you, cousin." He chuckled.

As Amarys ignored him and started to chat with the Stark boy, his hand slowly goes to the hilt of his valyrian steel sword.

He wondered what Lylian is doing down there in the crypts.

It must be cold, but at least she had Tyrion with her.

"Here we are, at the possible end of the world." He mumbled, stroking Zaephyr who purred back.

"If anything happened to me, you must take Lylian and protect her." Viserys whispered to his dragon in Valyrian, in which it replied with a growl.

Violet eyes flinched when spotted something, he turned and called his distant cousin.

"Amarys, it's starting."

"Tell me." She demanded.

He pushed his head further, watching the scene through the snowy veil from afar.

"The red priestess...Melisandre, is it? She is reciting something. I saw your sister there too."

"Well, she's a queen."