xv ) Lylian

XV : The Preparations

Today is her wedding day.

Lylian was woken up very more early than usual by the maids.

Gods, there isn't even a glimpse of sunlight in the morning on the horizon yet.

She was taken to the bathtub and have a special bath to clean her hair and skin. Her blue eyes dimmed down boringly as the maids scrubbed her arms and massage her hair with the herb and flower scent wash.

"You're going to make the prince burned with desire, m'lady." One of them whispered as she wipe the lady's long dark brown hair with the towel.

Her blue eyes silently rolled. How come he would be burned with desire? He doesn't want to marry, neither did her. Why would they have affections?

Lady Serynna comes into her room when the maids are taking her out of the bathroom.

"My Lady." Lylian gave her stepmother a little courtesy.

"Oh, dear Lylian. How glad am I, seeing you get to wed a handsome, young, and powerful prince." She helped her stood up from the floor and look all over her with a wide smile.

"Now look what I've brought you." The dark-haired lady motions her maid to step forward. In the girl's arms laid a pale blue satin dress.

She stepped closer and bow down as she gave her the dress. Lylian took it and hand it over to her maid.

"Thank you, my lady."

Serynna smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"Very pleasure, my dear."

The middle-aged lady's figure turned and leave the room with her maids. As soon as her stepmother's figure was gone, the bride ordered her maids;

"Go and take my mother's accessory boxes."

"Yes, m'lady." They bowed and slowly fade themselves.

Her late mother, Myanna Lightwood, has prepared a wedding gifts for her since she was very young. For she feared she might have not lived longer to see her precious daughter's wedding.

She's right.

Myanna pregnant again when Lylian was 5, she bore a son who died a few days later. The maester told her father not to have another child again for her mother's sake. But the first Lady of the Blossom Isles still doesn't want to let her Lord husband down.