i ) Viserys

I : Afterlife

I : Afterlife

Viserys should have been dead. He means, he is dead.

He remembers Khal Drogo's scratchy and deadly voice, the cold look of his sister when he ordered his men to grab his wrists and broke them, and the unbearable heat of the fresh molten gold.

A crown for a king.

That's the last word he heard before everything went black.

Viserys once dreamed of his heaven.

When he was young, he imagined the life after the dead, thinking it is a beautiful and bright place full of all of his precious things. When he told his mother what his heaven looked like, she just laugh and pat his head.

That's all but a childish daydream. He stopped thinking about the afterlife the second his mother died gaving birth to his little sister.

And now, all is black. Black like the darkest night he'd ever seen.

Suddenly, he felt a great pain forming from his head and spread all over his body. He screamed, frowning his brows firmly and put his hands onto his temple, trying to soothe the pain.

He fell down to his knee and found that he was looking onto the marble floor. Viserys gasped in shock and quickly snapped his head up to see the great marble hall and pillars surrounding him.

The sound of someone running down the corridor made him turned his gazes at the doorway.

Soon, the little figure of the little girl with silver hair and purple eyes dressed in silk clothings appears, the smile made it's way across her young face as she ran through him.

Dany. It was her, but a younger version.

Without knowing, Viserys stood up and followed his younger sister.

Denaerys slow her footsteps down when she reached one chamber. She look around to make sure no one is nearby. Then, her small hand rest on the knob of the wooden door and slowly open it.

He looked at her silently as she slide herself through the space between the door and the wall. His leather boots traced along the floor, into the room with the little girl.

Viserys walked to the end of the bed and stood there, watching Denaerys tried to quietly tug herself into the thick blanket, where there's another figure laid down, sleeping.

Silver hair, violet eyes. Great, this is the younger version of him too.

Is this a dream or something?

Dany laid down next to him, making his younger self groaned and woke up a little bit.

"What the...Dany?"

His sister didn't say anything but nodded.

"Why are you here sister? Go back to bed." Young Viserys murmured, half awoken, half sleep.

"I have a nightmare." Denaerys said, making her place on the bed beside him.

The boy looked at her for a moment, then sighed, and pull her into his arms losely.

"Okay, okay."

"Can I sleep with you? Viserys, can I? Can I?" The little girl asked repeatedly.

Young Viserys groaned lowly with a swear and sighed again.

"Okay, but don't you wake me up."

Denaerys' lips spread into a wide smile as she curled herself up in her brother's arms and hug him childishly.

"You are the best big brother. Good night Viserys." Her voice murmured, and a moment later, Viserys founded that she had fallen asleep.

The boy on the bed rolled his eyes a little bit.

"Good night Dany." His younger self whispered and closed his violet eyes.

He can't help but smile lightly as the scene got by. Oh how happy they were when they were young. He remembered Dany would came to his chamber for the excuse that she had a nightmare everytime she had a chance. That's until she reached her 13th name day. He chased her away from then on, and started became cold to her.

"Such a happy childhood, don't you think?" The soft, familiar voice spoke up, causing him to snapped his head to the other side of the bed where both kids were still asleep.

There, stood a beautiful woman with silver hair and violet eyes, her smile is still the same, pretty and heartwarming.

His mother, Queen Rhaella.

Viserys can't move, neither talk. All the feelings scrambled inside his mind too much that he couldn't even control his own breath. His violet eyes widen and stared at her, hoping that it is not a dream, and she is really standing before him.

Rhaella's lips curled into a smile. She walked to her youngest son and touch his hand softly.

He blinked, looking down at his mother's fingers, and started crying, pulling her into his hug.

"Hello Viserys." She said, laughing.

"Mother...I...I thought..." Gods, this tongue sucks.

"Come, let me take you outside." His mother take him by his arm and walk arm in arm with him, leading him to the garden outside.

Strange place, that's what Viserys could think about this garden.

Although it's nighttime, but this place is bright like the midday. The small crystal clear stream of river ran down the side of the marble floor and made it's way to the bush. The flowers are blooming, and the trees look strong and pleasant.

Rhaella took him to the table nearby and sat down, gesturing her hand to the chair opposite to her.

"I see you have a lot of questions, my son." She stated.

"Okay, let's start with the first one."

"Why are you here? Why am I here? I mean...what is this place?" He asked, looking around the garden.

His mother smile softly and touch his hands.

"My son, this is the life after death. Welcome to afterlife."