xxix ) Lylian

XXIX : The Crypt

XXIX : The Crypt

She turned around to see Viserys standing behind the closed door.

His violet eyes flashes in a wave of emotions. He bit his lower lip and folded his arms to his back.

"Viserys?" Lylian tilted her head slightly, walking slowly across the stone floor to him.

"Is everything alright?"

He looked at her, and mumbled a word that made her heart aches,

"I'm scared."

She smiled, pulling his hands out softly and intertwined her slim fingers with his. Her blue eyes stared into him as she felt his skin warm against her.

"It's going to be fine."

His jaw clenched, she could see it when the candle light flickers onto his handsome face.

"I will ride Zaephyr out tonight, and I will guard the Stark boy." The silver-haired prince glanced down.

"It's not a great task, but an important one."

"You can do it." She pressed her palms onto his.
"I believe in you. This war will be over, I'm sure."

"Oh, Lylian." He sighed and took her into his strong arms, hugging her in the most caring way possible.

She could hear his hearbeat against hers as his warm breath blew onto her hair.

"I don't want to die." Viserys whispered, his voice almost shaking.

"You will not die." She grabbed his hand.

Lylian hugged back, trying to gave him the ensuring emotions.

As if time froze, they stood still there in the room in each other's embrace.

"If...if something happens to me," He began.

"Viserys."

"No," His violet eyes dimmed down as he cupped her face.

"If something happened to me." He repeated with more deeper tone.

"I need you to go back to the Isles. Take Zaephyr with you. The dead can't cross the sea, you'll be safe there."

She bit her lip, wrapping her fingers around his.

"Will you do that for me, Lylian?"

Lylian looked into his eyes.

"Yes."

"Very well." His eyes relaxed.

The sound of the horn resonates through the stone walls, making him inhale deeply.

"They're calling the troops to gather. I have to go now."

His tall figure stepped back.

"Go down to the crypts with the others." Viserys took her stranded hair that came out of her braids up and kiss it softly before tugging it at the back of her ear.