ix ) Lylian

IX : Groom-To-Be

Lylian stood on the port which is located on the front lf her family's seat, Oceanbreaks, staring silently out to the sea. Her gown and her dark brown hair were blown away from her frame by the warm wind.

"Still worried about the upcoming wedding?" Tristan, who appears from nowhere, asked and walk to her.

"What can I say?" She sighed.

"If...If he doesn't like me? What would the marriage be like? I've known a lot of ladies who lived the rest of their lives with the man they didn't love and...and that's not the life I want."

The tall figure of her friend came closer and untied his crossed arms.

"After a few days of searching...and a few money spent, of course," He cocked his brows and turned to her.

"I've got some news for you, in case if you want it to know how to act to your husband when you first met him."

Lylian frowned.

"Talk to me."

His lips curled into a smile. His eyes full of amusement that she don't know the reason why.

"Viserys Targaryen."

She felt her breath stopped for a moment. Her blue eyes widen.

"Y-You're saying...?"

"It's the prince Viserys Targaryen who would be your groom, Lily." Tris' eyes says that he's not lying.

"I thought he died in Vaes Dothrak." Lylian catch her breath.

"Um...he died, Yes. But now...for some reason, he's back, alive and well." He tucked his lips and look at her.

The lady frowned and look up to the sky, not so sure what could she say more.

"I...uh...I must say I thank you for your help, Tris, I really do."

Tristan nodded and touched her shoulder gently.

"If there's more I could do..."

"If there's something more you could do, I will make sure you know it immediately." She smiled.

Her friend and brother figure pulled her into a very tight bear hug.

"By the gods, I can't believe you are marrying someone who you just know a little about." He muttered under his breath.

"Yeah, me too." She replied.

"See you at dinner, Tris."

He gave her an original, one and only genuine smile as he walked back and put his index and middle fingers onto his head, making a pirate-like sound.

"Aye."

Her smile faded as he walked out of her sight. The lady walked to the nearby stone and sat down, sighing and touching her temple.

Viserys Targaryen.

Yes, she didn't know him that much. But at least she remembered one of the rumors saying he's gone mad like his father and sell his own sister, Queen Daenerys, to the Dothraki Khal. She remembered how the people talked about him, with disrespect and disgust. She knows how he died, with just the molten gold, by the cause of his own stupidity.

A part of her felt pity for him. But the other ones are terrified of him.

What will happened after the wedding? A sudden fear struck her.

What if he treated her like one of his whores?

By the sevens, no.

She blinks several times and turned her gaze back from the sea.

Biting her lips, Lylian Mayfair stood up and walk back, into Oceanbreaks, and into the fate she is always afraid of.

After the dinner, she walked mindlessly through the corridors and corners, heading to any place she had in mind.

Helding her face up when she reached the door, she founded herself standing in the front of the library.

As she touches the door and pushed it open, another figure approach from the corner.

"Lylian, dear. Are you okay?" Serynna Mayfair asked her stepdaughter caringly.

"I'm okay, my lady." The young girl answered lowly.

"You don't seem so...what is in your mind?" Her lady mother stepped closer and observed her face closely.

Lylian's blue eyes tried to avoid Serynna's dark ones, not wanting her to gaze apon her annoying look.

"Nothing."

"Come on," Serynna rolled her eyes and dragged her stepdaughter to the corner.

"Is it about your wedding?"

She stunned and let out a small huff, turning back to met the black-haired lady's.

"If it's a 'yes'...what could you do?"

"Well." The lady of Oceanbreaks tilted her head.

"So I could teach you how to please him."

"You mean...the thing husband and wife do in bed?" Her nose sniffed up. Gods, she hate this situation.

Her stepmother's shimmering glance gave her a chill through her spine.

"Gods, no, mother. Thank you for your kindness, but I'm quite sure I'm okay." She touched her temple and shook her head lightly.

"But..."

"It's late now, aren't you going to sent Corin to bed?" Lylian tried to talk and turned Serynna's focus to another things.

The middle-aged lady raised her eyebrows.

"Oh, right. I must go now, Lylian dear." She pulled up her skirt and turned away.

"But, don't you forget to please your husband!" She said as she leave the hallway.

The young girl let out a long sigh and walked silently back to her bedchamber.

She had only a week left.

The Queen and her Groom-to-be is about to reach the Blossom Isles.

Her tall figure fell onto her own bed with her face down, her brown hair covers her face and spread down the pillow. Her blue eyes filled with mixed emotions.

If she was a regular young lady, she would be highly delight, knowing that someone is still going to marry her even though she is now nineteen years old (which is quite old).

But she still wanted to help her father who keeps getting older and older.

Serynna already make herself busy with dozens of tea party a week with her fellow ladies.

Lucynda is too naive, cheerful, and definitely will make everything worse if she gets her hand onto the papers about the laws and the territories.

And Corin...oh Corin...he's too young. He hadn't even slay a beast or perfect his sword fighting skills. He might be able to manage the income and outcome account book...but the other papers are too much for him.

Lylian flip herself up and stared at the velvet canopy of her bed endlessly.

By the Gods, what shall she do?