xxviii ) Daenerys

XVIII : What Is On Your Mind?

Daenerys never figured out why is Sansa so hostile towards her.

Her heart sank when they arrived Winterfell, hoping to gain the love of the Northerners...the people she is soon to be governed. And instead, they received only cold glares and hurting words.

She had to chain the dragons(the lads, Viserys had called them) in a far place from the castle only to calm the Northlords down and prevent them not to kill themselves by hurting her children and niece(she still insists to call Zaephyr her niece, for she is sure it is a female one).

Her violet eyes wandered out the window, knocking her fingertips lightly against the wooden bars.

Suddenly, her dream of the Iron Throne is shaking and fading.

Lylian is sitting on the bed, her slim legs folded up together in her lap as she bent down and ran her index finger through the old paper pages of the book in front of her.

"What is it?" The brown haired lady spoke out finally, and Daenerys flinched.

She frowns a bit, looking at her sister-in-law.

"What is it that roams lurking in the shadowy, cloudy mind of yours, Daenerys?"

Her silver locks fell as she look down.

"No-"

"Don't say it was nothing. I've seen people so much more capable to cover their thoughts than you."

Dany was speechless.

"...There were so many things I'm still figuring out."

"Such as?"

"Well," She breathed out, rubbing the silver dragon ring on her small fingers.

"First, my thought-to-be long dead brother appears in the sea on the side of my ship with a dragon egg in his arms. Then, he hatched it and raised that dragon. After that, his personality was almost entirely changes. And he doesn't even tell me how did he got back. The Northmen seemed to be hating on me even though I'm here to help them, and I don't even know why Sansa Stark dislikes me so much even though we have met for only a few days."

Lylian raised her dark brows and gaped her mouth for a mere moment.

"Oh."

"That's what had been lurking in the shadowy, cloudy mind of mine." She touched her temple, leaning back to the wooden chair.

"All right," Her sister-in-law's slim figure in the three-layered thick gown covered with a thick coat(but she somehow maintain her slim looks) slide of the bed and step elegantly as if she's dancing to her side.

"About Viserys, I don't know too. He never tell me anything. But I'm sure he will when the time is right. For the Northerners, Jon had told us from the start they are not so welcoming towards the stranger.
And Sansa, you should know she still had the bad memories of her father being executed in front of her when she was young. She had no more interest to be ruled by any kings or queens, she wanted to govern her own people. You being here is a threatening gesture to her way to be a queen."