𝐏𝐒𝐘𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐀

HOTCH ASKED ME TO COME TO HIS OFFICE THIS MORNING

HOTCH ASKED ME TO COME TO HIS OFFICE THIS MORNING. This used to scare me. I mean, he can be a pretty scary guy but, I know he was just checking up on me. He does this every so often after we have cases involving pedophiles. He makes sure to tell me not to bottle it up and to talk about it. Truth is, these cases don't affect me the way they used to. When I was first starting out, it was rough. The entire team has cases that latch on to us. For me its cases involving children.

The only people who know the truth about my father and upbringing are Hotch, Gideon and Penelope. The rest weren't working the case at the time and it was my wish they didn't know. If something happened and they did need to know, that's a different story.

The only reason Penelope knows is because when I joined the BAU, she did a background check. One that dug a little further than they normally do. She didn't tell anyone about it other than me. She does this with all new agents.

FLASHBACK

"Delia, can I speak to you for a moment?" Penelope asked me.

I smiled and followed her to her office.

This was my first week as an agent with the BAU so I am getting to know everyone. Derek has been flirting with me which I was warned about. Wait until he finds out I am a lesbian. JJ has been quiet but I think that's just her. Penelope has been the most welcoming aside from Hotch.

"Okay, I have to tell you something and I don't want you to be upset because I do it for all new agents so please don't feel singled out-" She rambled and I cut her off.

"Penelope."

"Right, whenever someone new joins the team I run a background check that goes a little deeper than Hotch's. These people are my family. I just want to know who I'm working with. I don't mean any harm by it."

"Okay?" I asked confusedly.

"When I was running yours, I found something. I just wanted to say it to you. No one else knows." She paused and looked at me solemnly. "Your real name is Delia Dawson-Parks. Not just Delia Parks. Your dad is James Dawson. O-Obviously this isn't news to you but it is to me and I just want to say I am so sorry you had to go through what you did and I am so sorry for digging it up. I know it's a bad subject-" She rambled again but I cut her off.

"Penelope, it's okay. It's just not something I'd tell my co-workers my first week on the job. Hotch and Gideon know because they worked the case and they realized who I was before I started. I passed all of the mental evaluations-" I started and then she cut me off.

"Oh no no, I wasn't saying you weren't capable of this job because of that. I think you're incredibly strong for working in this field after all you went through. In a way, it makes sense so you can save the other people that go through this." She replied. I don't know, there's something about her that makes it so I just can't be mad at her. She's so sweet.