𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐒𝐔𝐁𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓

I AM SO PROUD OF EMILY

I AM SO PROUD OF EMILY. She's had to go to counseling since she's been back and she just finished her last session. She's been doing really well with not biting her nails and she hasn't had a nightmare in two weeks.

I met her outside of the room and when she came out, she looked like she wanted to cry.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her sincerely before opening my arms for a hug.

She walked right into my arms and leaned into it. "I-I don't know." She let out. I rubbed her back and held her tight. It breaks my heart to see her like this. "She said something about how I haven't mourned my own death, it just got me thinking. My team lost someone they loved, you lost someone you loved, and maybe I did too." She spoke. It's no secret Emily isn't the same person she was before but there's nothing wrong with that.

"Emily, what you went through was very traumatic. Of course a part of you really left when you did. That's normal, love." I said and kissed the top of her head.

Somedays, I wish I killed Ian myself.

We walked hand in hand to the conference room. We had a case.

"So Houston PD needs our boots on the ground for the piano man case." Garcia spoke. That sounds familiar.

"Serial rapist?" Derek asked.

"A case we consulted on about 8 months ago. 12 victims over 5 years. He crosses racial and social lines, ages too." Hotch said. I unfortunately have quite a bit of knowledge on serial rapists.

"Power assertive?" I asked.

"Knocks them out with a date rape drug, and binds them with piano wire." Rossi replied. That's something.

"They wake up with no memory of the assault or how they got the permanent scar the wire leaves." JJ let out.

"So he's branding his victims. How does he dose them?" Emily asked.

"Houston PD still isn't sure, 'cause, you know, date rape drugs metabolize quickly, and he's keeping them for 12 hours." Garcia replied.

"So why are they calling us in now?" Derek asked.

"Because of these most recent attacks. This piece of work has elevated sick and twisted to a whole new dimension. Cases in point- Brittany Anderson filed a report after she woke up outside the restaurant she was abducted from, and Vanessa Campbell was just reported missing." Garcia said.

"Wait, those were victims 2 and 5, weren't they?" Spencer asked. Oh no.

"Yes. He's going back and attacking survivors a second time." Garcia let out.

"Vanessa was grabbed from her house? He's changing his M.O. from what we studied. He's upping his game." I spoke. This is not good.

"Well, we know he stalks them. But public venue abduction, he has the power. Home invasion, he's on their turf." Derek added.