𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃

THE COMEDOWN AFTER THE FOYET CASE WAS BRUTAL

THE COMEDOWN AFTER THE FOYET CASE WAS BRUTAL. Knowing he was out there and he outsmarted us is just sickening to me. To all of us. I can't help but feel like he's plotting something big.

Emily and I try not to talk about it. When we do, it just makes us so....angry. We can't drop everything and look for him because we have other cases. Foyet on top of it all is just so stressful. It looms over my head and in my dreams.

Living with Emily has helped a lot, though. Living alone can be scary in situations like these. Take Frank, for example. He called me when I was home alone. He could have shown up at my door. I think of Elle when she went home alone and she was shot.

Hotch was distant about it all. I know he felt so accomplished when we got him and we could finally put this case to rest after 10 long years. But of course, something else happened. He never leaves the BAU as it is. He might as well upgrade the couch in his office to a bed.

We were back at the BAU for a case. JJ was starting to brief us.

"Daniel Keller, 21, a junior at Benjamin Franklin University. He was killed last night while spring breaking in South Padre Island. COD, asphyxiation. He was the 2nd victim to be murdered there in the last 3 nights. The first was William Browder, also on spring break, COD asphyxiation. They were both sexually assaulted prior to death." JJ explained. Now, that's different.

"Men being raped and murdered on spring break? Well, that's a twist." I let out.

"So far the deaths have been localized to one hotel." Hotch spoke.

"The Hudson Street Hotel. Initially, the hotel was filled to capacity but lost 20% occupancy over night." JJ replied. Yeah, I see why.

"We should get a list of everyone who works there. There's a good chance one of them is the unsub and at the very least, interacted with them." Derek said.

"Garcia's already on that. Both victims were discovered by hotel staff. The last after online checkout indicated the room had been vacated." JJ replied.

"So he wanted the bodies discovered, and sooner rather than later." Emily added.

"Look at the way their posed- naked, cowering in the fetal position." Spencer made notice. It was strange.

"He's sending a message. Something about this is important to him. We just need to figure out what." Rossi said.

"And we need to do it soon. The police suspect the unsub could be another vacationing student, though I'm not willing to rule out local involvement." Hotch stood up.

"Makes sense. If the killer is a student, they could he halfway across the country by the time we're onto them." Rossi said.

"If he's a local, we could lose him as soon as his victim pool dries up." I added.