𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐆𝐄

THINGS WERE DIFFERENT AT THE BAU

THINGS WERE DIFFERENT AT THE BAU. We were short-staffed, for one. Hotch is on temporary duty in Pakistan and Spencer was spending time with his mom. But, we did have JJ back.

Derek and I took this time in between cases to track down Doyle. We started with his arms-dealing but that ultimately led us nowhere.

That's when we realized, he'd be looking for Declan.

Derek and I sat at his desk when Penelope walked in with leads.

"Okay, Emily needed to get Declan a new identity. So she must have used someone she trusted." Yeah, good luck finding that.

"Alright, well that's a short list, but it's probably not even written down." I let out.

"Even if it was, she's had contacts all over the world." Derek added.

"Oh, tell me about it. Two columns- domestic and imports. I'm thinking domestic contacts. Em was already in the states when she faked Declan's death, so...her associates must be in Boston?" She suggested. No, that's too predictable.

"No, she would have covered her tracks better than that." I replied. Garcia sighed.

"Alright, why did Prentiss join the BAU?" Derek said. Penelope and I both chuckled.

"To find Delia." Penelope let out. I smiled.

"She could have gone anywhere with her skill set, but she chose D.C." Derek said.

"Maybe to be close with her mom?" Garcia replied. Fat chance.

I let out a laugh. "God, no."

"She did all of this to protect a child." Derek said.

"Right, so you're saying she came here just so she could be close to the kid." Garcia let out. I didn't know that. I mean, after this I had assumptions she checked up on Declan.

"And if she did, she probably had people she could trust living right here." Derek paused and looked at me. "She never told you about any of this?"

"Vaguely. Nothing in detail until she had too. She didn't want to involve me."

"So, domestic contacts. There's a surprisingly few in our nation's capital. One of which is dead. Ben Corelli." Penelope said and gave us the paper.

"He was a forger. Doyle killed him and Prentiss' friend, Tsia. He worked out of his apartment, remember?" I asked.

"Yeah. And we processed his belongings." Garcia let out. Oh, thank god.

A little while later, we were following Ben's paper trail. It was a lot.

"This would have been a heck of a lot easier had he gone digital." Penelope muttered.

"Garcia, there's an art to all of this. This guy was meticulous. Definite control freak." Derek said.