𝐋𝐎-𝐅𝐈

I WAS SLEEPING AT EMILY'S WHEN SHE WOKE ME UP WITH A CUP OF COFFEE

I WAS SLEEPING AT EMILY'S WHEN SHE WOKE ME UP WITH A CUP OF COFFEE. She kissed my forehead and woke me up.

"What time is it?" I muttered.

"7. JJ just called me in for a case so I'm assuming you'll get a call shortly." She let out and I groaned.

Not even a few seconds later my phone rang and it was JJ. I groaned and woke up. Em handed me the cup of coffee and I smiled. She knows me so well.

We rushed to the office and made it to the conference room. We weren't even through the doors when Hotch spoke. "Don't get comfortable. There'll be time to debrief on the plane."

"Where are we headed?" Spencer asked.

"New York." Hotch let out. It's about time. There's been a lot of shootings lately.

"5 shootings in 2 weeks. It's about time we got the call." Rossi let out.

"I wanna take Garcia with us. Hopefully they'll give us access to their surveillance systems." Hotch added.

"What do we know?" Emily asked.

"All the killings are mid-day. Single gunshot to the head with a .22." Hotch told us. It's an odd crime. Random.

"Any witnesses?" JJ asked.

"No." Of course not.

".22 caliber pistol's only 152 decibels. New York streets and subways are routinely well over 100. It could be people aren't even registering the gunshot until the unsubs' already leaving the scene." Spencer told us.

"They sound like mob hits." I let out.

"Except none of them have ties to organized crime." Hotch replied.

"Do they have any connection to each other?" Emily asked.

"None they've found."

"How about connecting with the police? Had the unsub tried to make contact?" Derek asked.

"Surveillance cameras have captured video of 3 of the murders. This is the latest." Hotch said and started playing a video. Someone walked into a subway station wearing all black, shot a man, and walked away. It was so quick, if you blinked you'd miss it. The video gave no details of who the unsub could even be.

"That's the best image they have?" I deadpanned.

"They're all the same. He wears a hood and keeps his head down." Hotch said and played multiple other videos all similar.

"This guys' bold. Crowded areas, broad daylight." Emily pointed out. I don't like where this is going.

"So they're completely random?" Rossi asked.

"It seems that way." Hotch replied.

"Son of Sam all over again." Spencer let out.

__