𝐂𝐎𝐃𝐀

EMILY WENT TO UNLOCK HER CAR TO SEE IT WAS ALREADY UNLOCKED

EMILY WENT TO UNLOCK HER CAR TO SEE IT WAS ALREADY UNLOCKED. Her and I shared a quick look before looking around the parking garage. This is getting to be exhausting.

She looked under the car while I looked around it. When we saw no one, we got in and drove off as quick as we could.

Emily and I had to meet with her old coworkers from Interpol. She keeps apologizing for bringing me into this but she can't possibly think I'd let her go through this alone. No way. She called a couple of them and asked if she even should involve me. They said the same thing. Since Emily and I are engaged, I'm as big of a target as she is right now. I'm willing to bet my life that he will use me to get to her.

We had to be discreet about this. We know Ian is here and he's definitely watching our every move. Clyde set down newspapers on two different sides of a bench. Emily went to one side and I went to the other. Underneath the newspapers were cellphones. They rang and we answered.

"I was beginning to think that you weren't coming. After what happened with Jeremy, I was afraid." Tsia let out. She was sitting at a bench across the park.

"Tsia, I'm sorry you can't be at his funeral. It's today, isn't it?" Emily asked.

"Well, that's the problem with marrying a member from your own team. If one of you is a target, so is the other. I get it. How are you doing, Delia?"

How am I doing?

"My head is on a swivel." I replied, honestly. I feel like I haven't blinked with both eyes.

"Hello, darlings." Clyde spoke. I talked with him over the phone once.

"Alright, let's make this quick. We took a late lunch." Emily said.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not quick about anything." Clyde replied.

"I don't know. What about that time I blew my cover in Prague? You took out that Sentry before I could even draw my weapon. You saved my ass, Clyde." Emily said.

"I'm surprised you remember the little people from your Interpol days now that you're a posh FBI profiler with your FBI profiler fiancee." Clyde spoke.

"I'm right here." I let out.

"What's being done to locate Doyle?" Emily asked.

"Only every agency in the northern hemisphere is looking for him." Clyde replied.

"What are we doing to find him?" Emily asked.

"My contact in DCRI tracked down one of Doyle's aliases leaving France the day after Jeremy's murder. He took a commercial flight to Beijing, then doubled back on a train bound for Berlin." Tsia said. How is no one catching him?