𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒

THINGS AT THE BAU HAVE BEEN TENSE LATELY

THINGS AT THE BAU HAVE BEEN TENSE LATELY. Mainly because Spencer hasn't been acting like himself. If I went through what he went through, I wouldn't be the same either, but this is different. He's being snippy with everyone. It just is not like him. Even on his bad days.

Things with Emily and I have been good. I mean, there's nothing new but we talk a lot more about our lives and such. It's clear we trust each other well.

I just have no fucking idea if she even likes women. I have had more talks with Penelope about it. She's the only person who knows anything about this. She claims she thinks Emily is at the very least bisexual, but I am not convinced. Pen then offered to do one of her deep dive background checks but I told her no. If this is going to happen, it needs to be natural.

If anything comes out of this that's okay but if not, I'm glad I have her as a friend.

It's so weird for me to actually have feelings for someone. That's why Penelope keeps telling me to just go for it. I feel like it would be too complicated. If it did amount to anything, we'd have to tell Hotch and that could be a problem. In a career like mine, my job always comes first.

Anyway, we had a case.

"We've got a serial killer in New Orleans who killed at least 3 men pre-Katrina. Until now, the New Orleans Police Department believed that the serial killer died in the storm." JJ started.

"What's happened to tell them otherwise?" Derek asked.

"A fourth body was found in the French Quarter last night. Same M.O. Another male. Throat slashed, eviscarated." JJ continued.

"A year and a half? That's a long cooling off period. Are we sure this is the same unsub?" I let out.

"He claims to be. He sent a letter to William Lamontagne, the head detective on the case." JJ told us.

"Does Lamontagne have any leads?" Gideon asked.

"He died in Katrina. His son is actually leading the case now." JJ replied. That's rough.

"Hmm. That can't be easy." Derek hummed.

"We need to look over evidence from the first 3 murders and determine the pattern." Hotch let out.

"Katrina washed everything away. The 3 victims we know of, their autopsy reports, witness statements, DNA test results." JJ told us. That's great.

"So basically, all we have to go off of is the latest victim?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah." JJ nodded, a bit defeated.

"Until he kills again." Hotch added.

We are off to a great start.

We were on the jet looking over what we had...which is not very much.

"These are copies of the newspaper articles on the murders, dating back to early August 2005. It's all we have to go on." JJ said as she passed out the papers.