𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓

THE CONVERSATION EMILY AND I HAD WITH ROSSI MADE US EASE, A LITTLE

THE CONVERSATION EMILY AND I HAD WITH ROSSI MADE US EASE, A LITTLE. Not a lot but, enough to make us not second guess ourselves.

"We're going to do this today." Emily let out with a smile. It was words of encouragement. The more we say it, the more we believe it.

"Yes, we are." I nodded.

This was the next step in our relationship. After we tell Hotch, we can work on telling the team. Then, we'll really be free.

I think what's ironic about this whole thing is the lesbian relationship part being completely accepted. No one on the team is homophobic so, it's not like we have to come out. It's just the fact we work together.

As we were walking into work, Emily stopped me and grabbed my hand. "Whatever happens today with Hotch, I just...I just want you to know you're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time." She let out sincerely.

I love her.

I took a look at my surroundings to make sure no one was looking. I then kissed her with all I had in me.

I haven't told her I loved her yet. She hasn't said it to me either. I think we just say it in different ways. I also think a part of us was waiting until we told Hotch. When it's out in the open, it feels a bit more real.

With that, we swallowed our pride and walked through the door. As we headed up the elevator and got off, we saw Hotch in his office. Before we could even make it through the doors to the bullpen, JJ stopped us because we had a case.

It always goes like this in this field. Every. Single. Time.

"So, not today." Emily muttered, a little defeated.

"Nope." I huffed

We headed to the conference room and just prepared for what was to come.

"Charles Luvet was found floating in a Miami Marina last night. Local M.E. thinks that he was only in the water about an hour." JJ informed. It's in Florida. Lovely. I feel like we just left there.

"Any attempt to weigh the body down?" Hotch asked.

"Doesn't appear to be." JJ replied. I was looking through the files.

"Well, the dumping could be convenient, as opposed to a means of hiding the crime." I let out.

"Well, he's the third victim found in Miami over the last 2 months. Though the locations of the bodies are different, many of the elements are the same- all males, 25 to 35, all traveling, all asphyxiated with no signs of sexual assault." JJ went on.

"But tourists could mean just simple robbery." Derek added.

"Well, there are some personal items missing." JJ replied.