𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀

sorry.....

NEITHER EMILY NOR I HAVE BEEN GETTING MUCH SLEEP

NEITHER EMILY NOR I HAVE BEEN GETTING MUCH SLEEP. I feel like the moment I close my eyes, I'm going to wake up tied to a chair. We were both living in fear of everything. If a car door shuts too loud, if we shut off the lights or not, if someone is looking at us a little too much. Whatever it was, we were jumpy. She was living in fear of him and I was living in fear of what he could do to her.

The next place Emily and I met with Clyde and Tsia was on the metro. Every single person on the metro that looked at us funny was a cause for concern. I am quite literally losing my mind.

Emily and I slowly drifted into sleep on the train. She rested her head on my shoulder and my head on hers. We both jumped away when we felt someone sit next to us.

"Bonsoir." He said. It was just Clyde. "Luckily I'm not working for Doyle. We got on three stops ago."

"You guys okay?" Tsia asked us.

"Ian Doyle is here in DC." Emily said after she shared a look with me.

"How can you be so sure?" Clyde asked.

"I sat next to him last night." Emily revealed.

"What?" Tsia exclaimed. Surprise.

"He said if I warned my team or tell anyone, he'd kill them." Emily replied.

"Why didn't he kill you?" Tsia asked.

"And more to the point, why didn't either of you kill him?" Clyde interjected. Oh, I wanted to.

"He's not working alone." I told them.

"Then he's just playing with you." Tsia tried. That didn't seem like a game. It was pretty straightforward.

"No, no, he's a power assertive psychopath. He doesn't play games." Clyde replied.

"He's meticulous. He plans everything down to the last detail." Emily said.

"Yeah, and that last detail being you and Delia." Clyde said. Emily sent him a glare. "Don't think for a second that he'll stop at just you."

"Maybe you should tell your team." Tsia suggested. I agree.

"No. No way. This isn't their fight. And I won't take that risk." Emily said. God, she is so stubborn.

"We stay together, we can get him." Tsia said.

"We already tried. Look how that ended up." Emily let out. She's talking about Jeremy.

"Wait, wait. When you went undercover, I promised no one would harm you." Clyde said.

"I'm not undercover anymore. DC isn't his comfort zone. It's mine. This ends here." Emily finished. Her and I walked out of the train and went home.