𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

IN THIS JOB, I CAN NEVER CATCH MY BREATH

IN THIS JOB, I CAN NEVER CATCH MY BREATH. One minute, I'm sitting with my girlfriend, watching a movie. The next, Hotch is calling us saying we need to board a plane to Chula Vista, California immediately.

There's a case with two missing teenagers. Hotch briefed us on the plane, but our presence was needed right away. As soon as we touched the ground, we were on the go. They had just found a teenager. We met the detective on the scene.

"Have you ID'd the body?" Hotch asked as we walked on to the dump site.

"It's a girl." He replied.

"One of the missing girls?" Hotch followed up with.

"All I can tell you right is it's a girl." He replied.

"Did you draw up a list on those involved in the search?" Derek asked. They had search parties out looking for the girls before we got here.

"You're gonna find the parents of the girls on that list." The detective replied. Oh, god.

"Please tell me they didn't discover the body." I let out.

"No. As soon as our dogs caught her scent, we kept them away from the scene." He replied. That's good.

"She'd been missing for 18 hours?" Spencer asked.

"That's correct. We found the body 5 hours ago." He said as we approached where the body was dumped. It was a bloody scene. That poor girl was mutilated.

"The parents have been here the whole time?" JJ asked as she saw parents over to the side. Oh god.

"Yeah. And I'm running out of excuses."

"I'm gonna go talk to them." JJ let out.

"JJ, I'll come with you." Derek offered.

They went to go talk with the parents while the rest stayed here and stared over the dead girl.

"I'm gonna be honest here. I'm glad you're all here, because I have never seen anything like that." The detective said to us sincerely. Unfortunately, I've seen things just like it many times before.

"Her face and her hands have been obliterated." Hotch said. That was clear.

Spencer, Emily and I started to examine the body.

"Developed bruises, cuts, layer upon layer." Emily started.

"Bindings cut deep into her flesh." Spencer pointed out. It gets worse every time.

"Around her neck there's heavy bruising. She was strangled to death." I let out. This poor girl suffered immensely.

"A belt was used. You can see the indentation marks of a buckle." Spencer added.

"But why destroy her hands and face?" The detective asked. From what I gathered with the excessive rage, this attack was personal.

"It indicates she knew the attacker." Hotch replied.