{'.~Chapter 3~.'}

The rest of the tests he kind of slacked on, only going an eighth of his capabilities. At the end he still got in first place though. Killua wasn't surprised when Broccoli got in last, he broke his finger in the ball throw and failed miserably in the last two. Not to mention that he was not particularly strong. He was pleased when old man- his name was Eraser something- said something about it being a rational deception to get them to go all out. Killua stifled a snort at that last part. I was holding back and I got in first. "that's it for today, read over the syllabus and go home." he turned to Broccoli, "go see recovery girl for that"

Izuku thanked Eraserhead and ran over to the strange white haired boy, putting a hand on his shoulder. "hey-" he turned around and Izuku saw him clench his teeth a little, why is it that whenever I talk to him he seems uneasy? He's so nonchalant around everyone else, even kacchan. "I just wanted to thank you for helping me" he said sheepishly. "I probably would have gotten a few burns from that" Izuku saw his left shoulder twitch slightly. He grabbed at a necklace with a charm that he wore before regaining his composure "whatever, he was being too loud." the white haired boy turned back around and started to walk away.

I saw the look on his face when kacchan was about to hurt me, he looked mad. Maybe I remind him of someone? He was walking out of the school with Uraraka and Iida when they saw a certain white haired boy skating by with a lollipop in his mouth on top of a yellow and red skateboard, for some reason he had already changed his clothes into a white shirt with what looked like a blue turtleneck under it. Iida made an angry noise as he went by. "I can't stand him, he's always breaking rules!" Izuku shrugged. "well he only brings candy and altered his uniform, it's not like he's disruptive."

Uraraka waited for him to be out of sight before speaking. "he's so cold though, less approachable than Todoroki" Izuku nodded, but he couldn't help thinking that he was like that for a reason. "Deku, you ok?" she asked, seeing the look on his face. "it's just-" he paused for a moment. "for some reason he seems uneasy around me, his expression changes and he sometimes grabs that necklace that he wears" Uraraka blinked, "oh! I noticed that he also did that when Tsu was jumping" Izuku started muttering. 'maybe the color green reminds him of that person and my personality is also similar since it happens mostly around me- "you good?" Uraraka said worriedly. "oh sorry! I do that sometimes"

A few minutes later he had separated from the others as he was walking home. As he did so he noticed something he hadn't noticed before, an odd tree with strange carvings in it. Before he could investigate he saw a familiar skater chomping on another candy bar. What is he doing here? Izuku watched as he grabbed his skateboard and lept into the strange tree, suddenly all the weird carvings made sense. He lives there? I see a makeshift table and bed. Why doesn't he have a house? Where are his parents? How does he eat? Izuku decided to rush home so he could tell his mom.

"really?" she exclaimed, obviously worried. "yeah, I wonder how he gets all that candy when he doesn't have a place to stay" he worried, "maybe we can leave him some food? So he at least has something to eat" Izuku nodded. "great idea mom!" his mother thought for a moment, "what foods does he like though?" Izuku thought for a moment, trying to remember what he had for lunch. "all I know is that he likes chocolate and lollipops, I haven't seen him eat anything else and he's so unapproachable" she looked at him. "what do you mean by that?" Izuku explained how he had been acting.

Izuku remembered something important. "I did notice something odd." Izuku took out his notebook, examining his page on the strange boy. "whenever he interacts with me he loses his confidence, like his usually chill expression just changes and he sometimes grabs at the chain around his neck" his mother seemed just as confused as he was. "I thought maybe I remind him of someone, maybe he's so cold because he lost that person, he even smiled at when I threw the ball farther than kacchan!" his mother looks surprised for a moment. "but I thought katsuki was really powerful?" Izuku nodded vigorously. "he is! And he's gotten even tougher! But he brought kacchan down like it was nothing!"

Killua woke up the next morning to an odd smell. Well It wasn't really odd, but it was the fact that the smell was coming from directly below him. It was the smell of cooked meat. Killua quickly flipped over on his branch platform and saw that there was a small bag underneath his tree with a note. He slid down, bringing his gift up before examining its contents. 'I don't know why you sleep in a tree but I brought you some food and a blanket.' there was no name. Killua knew it wasn't anyone in his class, they would be cautious and would leave it at the sidewalk next to the tree.

Killua decided to pack the food in his back for lunch along with his candy, making sure the meat was in the bag securely of course. He quickly brushed his hair with a makeshift comb, made of wood because that's what he had on him for now, and dropped onto his skateboard. I wonder if it was a teacher? No, a teacher would have woken me up and questioned me about it. He thought about it all the way to UA, still unsure of the correct answer.

1015 words

quick note, depending on how many people read, comment, and vote on this, is now i judge when to post new chapters! I actually have a few already written but I thought it would be better to space them out and edit them if feedback that changes my mind comes up. anyways, thank you for the support- (even though its not much)- and I hope you have a great rest of your day!