{'.~Chapter 9~.'}

Gon was excited because the first event was an obstacle race. It sounded easy enough, but Gon knew that it was going to be filled with all sorts of dangerous traps. This is going to be so much fun! He grabbed Killua's hand as they stared at the tunnel, waiting for the signal to start. "BEGIN!" as soon as everybody began to shove into each other, Gon almost got elbowed in the face a few times and Killua's hand nearly slipped away. Suddenly he smelled ice so he leapt above the crowd as the cave froze almost everyone in place, Gon stepped on a few heads, apologizing as he did so.

Killua however did not, he bolted to Gon's side, keeping pace with him as he did so. Gon won't be able to run on the ice, I'll have to carry him. He yanked Gon upwards and over his back, giving him a thumbs up. "just ride for now" Gon nodded gratefully as they caught up and eventually passed Todoroki, who looked at them in shock. Gon lept off his back and kept pace with him as they both used their Nen to increase their speed. "GON!" he shouted, leaping in the air as 5 zero pointers and many smaller robots moved to block them.

Gon nodded, they had made an agreement that they would both work together until the final stage, which will most likely be a 1 on 1 combat. Killua watched as Gon lept forward, doing a handstand with his knees tucked in tight. "WHATS THIS? THE FIRST PLACE STUDENT IS DOING ACROBATICS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OBSTICAL COURSE?" damn that guy is irritating. Killua quickly caught on and landed on his feet, Gon than kicked outwards at the same time as Killua, sending him flying in the direction of the middle 0 pointer.

There were shouts from the other people at how unfair it was that they were working together but Killua couldn't care less. He landed on the zero pointer, pulling the same stunt he did at the entrance exams. "DUCK IN COVER BITCHES!" he shouted, using the robot to completely wreck all the other ones. The loud idiot who was doing commentary yelled something but Killua was having too much fun to notice. Gon was on the robot with him a few moments later, enjoying it almost as much as he was. "here comes Todoroki, get ready to jump!" he said, and a few seconds later the entire army was encased in ice.

Killua grabbed Gon's hand and started forward, Killua had had his fun, now it was time to focus on winning. Killua noticed with a chuckle that most of the robots were froze off balance so they fell and blocked the way. Todoroki was close behind them so they picked up the pace, scanning ahead for the next obstacle. "IT'S THE FALL!" he heard the guy scream again in his stupid announcer voice. "IF YOU FALL YOUR AS GOOD AS OUT, BUT OF COURSE THERE ARE CUSIONS AT THE BOTTOM TO PREVENT INJRY!" Killua suddenly got an idea, he let go of Gon's hand and grinned, turning his back to the obstacle. He nodded at Gon, who continued before doing a kind of solute to the crowd.

The crowd let out shocked gasps as he fell backwards right into the hole, had he given up? Did he have a plan? Than the crowd roared in excitement as he used the cushions to his advantage, springing back up and landing on Gon's back. Many of the pro heroes who were selecting for internships chose both, they worked well together and seemed to be showing off. Gon was now effortlessly carrying Killua as he stood on Gon's back, his arms crossed. "they seem to be showing off way to much" one person yelled. "yeah! They should be going further not messing around!" soon half the stadium was shouting to each other about them, how immature they were, but also how competent and tough.

Killua noticed immediately that the next one was a minefield. He quickly pointed that out to his best friend as they neared the mine loaded ground. Whoever buried those are either incompetent or wanted someone to notice them. "hey Gon, I'm gonna throw you. Make sure you don't land on a bomb the first time" Gon caught on quickly, grinning at him. Killua gathered as much Nen as he could in his hands and Gon did the same in his legs, "3, 2 1 GO!" he shouted, both of them pushing off at the same time. Killua watched as Gon soared over the mines, landing roughly in the middle without setting any bombs off. Killua than gathered himself and stepped on a bomb, launching himself forward just as fast.

Killua landed on Gon's back again and he lept off as soon as he did, landing on another bomb and soaring his way past. Gon copied him this time, wincing slightly at the noise. Gon had slightly misjudged his timing and was about to fall, when Killua caught him, both clearing the minefield at the same time. Gon blushed as Killua carried him bridal style, using some electricity on his feet for extra flare. He's such a show off. As they reached the tunnel leading back into the stadium Gon had an idea. "hunter exam!" he shouted, running beside Killua. Killua grinned at him, understanding. They both ran exactly side by side until they reached the exit. "goal!" they both shouted, "AND IN FIRST PLACE IS, KILLUA ZOLDYCK AND GON FRECCES!" The two best friends stood together, holding hands as everybody else came in. soon after they announced the order.

1 Killua and Gon

2 Izuku Midoria

3 Shoto Todoroki

4 Katsuki bakugou

5 Ibara Shiozaki

6 Juzo Honenuki

7 Tenya Iida

8 Fumikage Tokoyami

9 Eijiro Kirishima and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

10 Hanta Sero

11 Mashirao Ojiro

12 Yosetsu Awase

13 Tsuyu Asui

(NUMBER SKIP BC I'M LAZY)

42 Yuga Aoyama

"The top 44 have made it into the next round, what will the next stage be?" Gon and Killua knew it was better to not try and figure it out, they just leaned into one another with a comfortable sigh. "a cavalry battle!" Midnight yelled, and proceeded to explain how it works and that it had something to do with points. Killua kind of zoned out until Gon gasped, he tuned back in just in time to hear midnight say, "and the point value assigned to the people in first place is TEN MILLION!" the entirety to class 1A went completely silent when they saw the look on Killua's face. He had a gleam in his eyes, and he wore a smile. A completely calm, unfazed smile. this is going to be so much fun.

1135 words

To be continued...

Sorry I had my computer taken away this morning so I couldn't post this morning.