𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

this chapter does mention sexual assault. Nothing major, but it is still there. It's in the second little section, when she's shopping. Feel free to skip over that bit, it's mostly just there to establish a new character. I can summarize it for you in the comments if you need :)

-----

Fifty Three

+ + +

SHE LAY AWAKE ON A CAVE FLOOR. It was dark and fresh. Water dripped from the ceiling into tiny pools all around her. Everything that moved made an echo. She was lying on her back, her hair getting wet from the cave floor. 

Naomi scrambled to her feet. She had seen this cave before. She had been in it. 

Everything was the same. That was the same cliff not two meters outside the entrance. She had made those exact markings on the wall to count the days passed. 

It was a place of peace, of serenity. It was where she had hidden multiple times when on the run from the Queen's guard. She claimed it as her own before finding Robin Hood. This was a very special cave to her; one she was never willing to share with anyone. She would use this as her home for days on end. 

It was her own little secret hideout. Her bedroom, if anything. 

There were no regular sounds of the forest outside. Just silence. Naomi tripped along the cave floor, stumbling over stalagmites and random dips. Water splashed up, dousing her shoes and ankles. Every footstep echoed. 

Her outfit had not changed. It was exactly what she went to bed in; short and a tank. 

Naomi pushed herself against the wall once the tunnel started narrowing. She was shivering and lowered to crouch with her knees to her chest. Her breathing picked up. She forced herself to focus on all the good times she had in this cave. The old feeling of pride in herself when she would successfully evade their clutches one more time. Hunting and cooking her meals just outside of the opening. The beautiful view of the river hundreds of feet below. 

Anything to distract herself. 

In her bed, Naomi squirmed uneasily. Hands gripped the blankets, knees bent.

"I thought you might like it here. Don't be afraid," a young man's voice spoke into her ear. 

She could have recognized that voice anywhere. Pan. 

Some strangled noise escaped her lips. It was an odd mix of screaming and sobbing. Was she dead? 

He was there. He knelt beside her, gently grabbing her hand. Pan urged her to calm down. His voice sounded raspy and strained. He was holding onto something, or holding back. It was a clear struggle. Her body fell backward, her back hitting the stone hard cave floor.