𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

I wrote this chapter during a bad case of writer's block that, a month later, I am still going through. I apologize in advance for it's lousiness...

-----

Thirty Six

+ + +

NAOMI SAT ON HENRY'S BED a few days later. She was now fully moved out of the Charming's loft, and her former room had been given to Henry. That still didn't stop her from hanging around the loft throughout most days. A studio apartment could get to feel extremely tiny really quick. 

Five days had gone by since the incident. Mary Margaret had not gotten any better. She was still refusing to eat much, still living in bed, and still ignoring all requests to speak with anyone. Archie had come by the previous day to talk with her, but she did not say a word. Maybe Naomi was just being under-sensitive, but this behavior was starting to annoy her. 

Today, Henry was spending the day with Neal, and Naomi was given the task of driving him there. She didn't mind staying as well - her first shift didn't start until noon. 

"Come on down when you're ready, kiddo," Naomi told Henry, grabbing her gray beanie and putting it on. She stood up and made her way downstairs. David had made Mary Margaret breakfast and was setting it up on a fancy tray. Emma sat at the counter next to him with a distasteful look on her face. 

"Don't you think it's time to give the hot chocolate and foot massages a rest?" Emma asked him. David picked the tray up and shook his head. 

"She took Cora's life," he said. "She's going through a rough patch."

Naomi sat next to Emma. "We all go through rough patches just by being humans on this earth. I promise you, there have been worse," she told him. 

Emma nodded in agreement. "It's time to haul her ass out of bed and tell her to get over it!"

David slammed the tray down onto the counter and glared at the two women. "Don't you think you're being a bit too harsh?" He demanded. 

"Nope," Naomi stated as Henry made his way down the stairs. She stood up. "At the end of the day, she's the one who needs to help herself. There's not much anyone else can do. She did this, now she's gonna fix it."

David looked her way sharply. "How? Now everyone has the ability to do whatever they want and not give a damn about what they leave behind."

Naomi shrugged with indifference, choosing not to let that comment sink in. Emma frowned at her father. "That's up to Mary Margaret," Emma spoke up. Naomi nodded and steered Henry towards the door before he could start asking questions.