𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

Thirty Two

+ + +

NAOMI HELPED HENRY PACK his bags while Emma packed her own. Emma had made the instant decision to take Henry with her on the trip for his own safety. Besides, how horrible could the outside world be? No magic, no Cora. They would be fine.

"Okay, I suggest taking layers, just to be safe," Naomi told him as she heard the knock on the door. Mr. Gold had stayed true to his word and had now shown up at noon.

Henry quickly grabbed a coat and a jacket before running downstairs with his bag. Naomi followed suit, yawning from the four hours of sleep she had gotten.

"Are you ready, Miss Swan?" Mr. Gold asked. She was kneeling next to a big duffel.

"Almost," Emma answered as Henry stepped up to her side. Naomi leaned against the railing of the stairs. Mr. Gold scowled.

"I thought the terms of our agreement were clear," he stated. "You owe me a favor, and you alone."

Emma stood. "I am not leaving him here while Cora is walking about. So either we both go or we both stay!" She told him fiercely.

Mr. Gold sighed and nodded. "Very well then, I guess we'll have to purchase another plane ticket," he said, looking to Henry. Naomi crossed her arms.

"Flying?" Emma asked.

"Don't worry, I'm covering the expenses, even the new ones," he told her. Mary Margaret helped Henry into his coat as David walked down the stairs.

"You're a real gentleman, aren't you?" David asked sarcastically as he dropped another duffel at Emma's feet. David stepped up to Mr. Gold.

"Look, you're going out there with my family. If anything happens to them-"

"You'll step over the town line? Then David Nolan will hunt me down in his animal rescue van?" Mr. Gold asked, smirking lightly.

"-I'll be devastated," David said. "This isn't a threat, it's a request. Bring them back. Keep them safe, please."

Naomi suddenly felt a new wave of respect towards David. They felt the same way about the situation; this was dangerous, and they couldn't lose their family.

Mr. Gold nodded sincerely. "I promise no harm will come to the family. After all, we do have a deal."

He led the way out of the loft. Everyone said their quick goodbyes, and soon the three had left for God-knows-where. Naomi suddenly wished she had asked to go with them.

Mary Margaret frowned and and looked to the clock on the wall. "Naomi, your shift starts in an hour!"

The teen sighed and nodded, going back upstairs to fix herself up. She, as usual, looked like crap this time of day and was required to look half-decent for work. She had actually been considering quitting her position at Granny's and taking the open spot at the animal shelter, seeing as their wages and hours were better.