𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Seven

Seven

+ + +

"I KNOW YOU THINK OTHERWISE, but I don't enjoy these Saturday council meetings. Sometimes they're just unavoidable," Regina told Henry as she applied lipstick in front of a mirror. Naomi sat at the dining table with Henry. The boy sat across from her, reading a comic.

"Now, you know the rules?" Regina asked him. Naomi crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Henry set down his comic. "Yes on homework. No on tv, and stay inside," he said. The teen chuckled.

"Good boy," Regina said, smiling. She approached him and touched a finger to his chin. "Under no circumstances do you leave this house."

"You mean don't see my mom," he said. Naomi glanced to the floor awkwardly. An uneasy tension fell into the atmosphere.

Regina stepped back. "She's not your mother. She's just a woman passing through," she said sternly. Henry didn't respond. Regina then turned to Naomi.

"Make sure he does as I say or there will be consequences," the woman told Naomi. The teen had a feeling she didn't mean consequences just for Henry. Naomi nodded.

Regina turned to walk out the door. "I'll be back at five sharp," she said before walking out the door and closing it behind her. Naomi sighed, looking up at Henry.

The boy got up from his chair, moving to look out the window, watching his mother drive away. Once she'd left, he dished back to the table and grabbed his bookbag.

"Hey, Henry! Where do you think you're going?" She asked him, standing up. He turned to her, sighing, as if he was losing his patience.

"Are you coming?" He asked her, waving her over with his hand. She arched an eyebrow.

"Where?" She demanded.

"To see my mom," he replied, shouldering the bag. Naomi contemplated this for a moment. Regina would kill her if they were caught.

She grinned, sighing. "We're both dead. Come on," she made her way towards the door, Henry following eagerly behind.

+ + +

They were at Mary Margaret's door ten minutes later. Naomi unlocked the door and Henry quickly pushed through to enter the room.

"Hey Emma, can we-" he stopped abruptly. Naomi stepped in behind him, curious as to why he'd stopped. Mr. Gold stood in the living room, seeming to be talking to Emma. Naomi frowned and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Hey Henry, Naomi. How are you?" Mr. Gold asked, obviously trying to sound polite.

"Ok," Henry answered hesitantly.

Naomi nodded. "Fine, I guess."

"Good," Mr. Gold started making his way back towards the door. "And good luck, Miss Swan," he said to Emma. Naomi moved out of the way to let him pass, and Mr. Gold had shut the door behind him.