𝙾𝚗𝚎

One

One

+ + +

IT WAS YET ANOTHER MORNING in Storybrooke. Naomi Wright sighed as she looked back at her reflection, her dark hair hanging carelessly in her face. Her black tank top was covered by a red flannel shirt, matching perfectly with the dark blue jeans.

No matter what she did, her hair would always find a way to be messy. Even if she'd just brushed it, it would develop a random tangle or just become messy in general. Her hair was probably her fatal flaw.

The teen hastily brushed her hair and left the house. No streets were busy, quite common for the small town. Granny's was only a short walk away.

"Hey Ru," she said as she put in her apron, getting ready for the first shift. Ruby glanced up and hastily hid her phone in her pocket. Naomi giggled amusingly.

"You're dead if she finds out you've been texting," the teen said. Ruby glared back and flicked her friend with water.

"She won't find out," Ruby said, her tone low and shallow so no one would overhear as Archie Hopper walked in. Naomi took the man's order and shrugged, smirking.

The two teens stood around for the next twenty minutes with nothing to do, no one to serve. Naomi started looking around nervously when, after fifteen minutes, Henry Mills still hadn't shown up. He always stopped by for breakfast before school.

"Hey Ru, have you seen Henry?" Naomi asked, frowning and her friend sighed.

"Nope. Don't worry about it," she replied, looking back to her phone which was hidden under the table. But Naomi was worrying about it.

"NAOMI WRIGHT!" An all too familiar voice entered the diner. The mayor of Storybrooke herself, Regina Mills, slammed the door shut and looked the teen dead in the eyes.

"Regina!" Naomi came out from behind the counter. "I assuming this is about Henry?"

"Yes, thank you. Clearly you're the brains of this staff," Regina agreed harshly , nodding slightly towards Ruby. The teen could only smirk and agree.

"Were the hell is my son?" Regina asked Naomi, as if she was supposed to know. She just sighed and shook her head.

"I don't know. He didn't come by at all today for breakfast, I'm wondering if he went to school with a friend?" Naomi suggested, but knew it was a long shot. The kid's didn't necessarily have "friends".

The mayor paced across the dinner impatiently. "Come on, Naomi. Be smarter than that. He's been kidnapped, or...or something! I'll call Graham, and I want you," she stabbed a finger at the teen's chest, "to be waiting at the house for when he does show up."

With those orders, Regina started to leave the diner and pull out her phone. "And double pay for three months," she added to Naomi, as if the teen required any more motivation to help look for the kid.