𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

Twenty Five

+ + +

The portal had closed. Regina's eyes widened in shock. She had just banished them to the Enchanted Forest.

+ + +

THE THREE WERE BEING PULLED along a barren beach. Ropes connected their wrists to a single horse ahead. Three horses led the way; two were guided by women. "Where are you taking us? What is this place?" Mary Margaret exclaimed. 

"Home," said the Asian woman. She rode the horse they were tied to. 

The strip of beach led to faraway hills; small, isled mountains. The traveling group had arrived only a few minutes later. What lay in those mountains unnerved Naomi. 

It was a small village, hurriedly made, by the looks of it. People of all kinds bustled around; working, building, trading, or cooking. All had downcast looks on their faces. 

"They're all refugees," Emma said as the Asian woman in armor hopped off her horse. 

"We're survivors," she said bitterly, giving Emma a deadly glare. 

As the Asian and the other woman, in a dress, began to lead Mary Margaret, Emma, and Naomi elsewhere, Naomi was able to formulate a quick plan. It was simple, but useful. 

The archer turned slightly to the princess-looking girl and kicked her to the ground. Naomi bolted forward, shouting at the other two, "Run!" Mary Margaret and Emma sprinted after her. 

The three almost made it past the farthest hut when a rock flew and hit Mary Margaret on the back of the head. "No!" Naomi exclaimed, kneeling down and turning over an unconscious Mary Margaret. Emma's eyes widened. 

"What did you do?" Emma demanded, shaking her mother. 

More armored men appeared, along with that crazy Asian. "Take them to the pit!" She ordered. 

Men grabbed Emma and Naomi by the armpits, forcing them to stand. Naomi fought harshly, kicking and thrashing. But they had her bound tightly by the arms as one started to drag Mary Margaret. The three were led off to "the pit". 

Emma, Naomi, and Mary Margaret were thrown into a large cave, sealed shut by a wooden door. Naomi landed on her back. It nearly knocked the breath out of her. Darkness nearly consumed the cavern. They were imprisoned. 

"Oh my god!" Emma kneeled next to Mary Margaret's body, but she was out cold. Naomi swore and kicked the solid stone wall, which sent a fresh wave of pain up her leg. She swore again.