𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Forty Three

+ + +

Naomi held a lantern out from her body, as to send the light as far out as possible. 

She had snuck out early that morning. If luck were on her side, she could find the Charmings in under a day. 

They had been on the back of her mind forever. It was bugging her beyond description. She just wanted to check in on them. If all went well, a few worries would be calmed. Anxieties would be settled. 

Or maybe she was being naive. It was not for sure whether or not they would listen to her. 

Only time would tell. 

Time. The longer everyone waited around, the more of it would be lost. 

Naomi paused in her tracks when a gap between trees revealed campfire. That meant; either Emma and the others, or Gold. She had not known of Gold's whereabouts since the Jolly Roger. She took a step forward in order to get a better view of the site. 

A foot landed on a trig and snapped. The sound echoed throughout the entire canopy. 

Silence fell. Absolute silence. Naomi took a deep breath and stepped through the remaining slip of trees. A makeshift campsite revealed itself, accompanied by none other than the very people she was seeking. 

She held her hands up by her head in defense. David was in a proper sword stance, Regina held a ball of fire, and Mary Margaret aimed an arrow directly at her. Naomi spread her palms to show she bore no weapons. 

"It's me," she told them. Mary Margaret lowered her bow and exhaled in relief. 

"Thank god!" Mary Margaret dropped her weapons and rushed forward to embrace Naomi. The girl did not reciprocate the hug, only stared ahead at the people over Mary Margaret's shoulder. 

Killian looked at her from a few meters away. The two shared a silent communication: she was not here to stay. 

Mary Margaret felt Naomi's arms and face as if checking for injuries. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? What did he do to you?" She asked rapidly. 

Naomi cocked an eyebrow and stepped out of Mary Margaret's reach. "Relax. I was only gone for two days," she said. 

The camp was littered with long vines they had collected from trees. Some were twisted and strung together to make rope. What they would need rope for was a mystery to Naomi. She crossed her arms as the others stared at her.