𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

Thirty One

+ + +

THAT NIGHT HAD NOT EVEN ended before something else happened. Things were changing too quickly for anyone to keep up. Emma received a call that something had occurred at the town border, and attention was urgently needed. 

Archie had gone back home at this point. Naomi was asked to stay with Henry while the adults of the loft went to check it out. 

The two sat in Naomi's bedroom half an hour later. They were waiting for another call, more news. She sat calmly and drew absentmindedly. Henry tried to focus on his remaining homework, but his attention kept shifting to the girl sitting feet away from him. He sighed after a while and set his pencil down. 

"Emma told me everything about what happened in the other land; Cora and Hook's plan," Henry started to say. "It it's true that Cora attacked Archie, that means they're in town-"

Naomi cut him off abruptly. "Yes, I know. I've been thinking about that."

Henry sighed and gave her a small look. "Do you think this has anything to do with that?" He asked. 

"Of course I do!" Naomi said. "But that man is done screwing with me and my family!"

"Naomi, calm down," Henry warned in a calm tone. "This will work out. He won't get away with this stuff again. Besides, they haven't even said for sure if he was the one who did anything."

The girl chuckled softly, calming herself down. "God, I really wish I were related to you guys! Optimism really does run in the family."

Henry smiled and returned his attention back to his homework. Naomi pulled out her phone, having heard it vibrate. Mary Margaret was calling. 

"Hey, Mary-"

"There's been a wreck, and we've found someone who may be of great interest to you," Mary Margaret instantly stated. The teen mentally cursed. 

"Where is he? What the hell did he do?" Naomi demanded, standing up. She ignored Henry's protests. 

"He's at the hospital, now. He's suffered a few broken ribs, and Gold almost killed him," Mary Margaret reported. "But that's not the only problem. Someone came to town from outside. They're hurt badly. We're still waiting for Dr. Whale to say something."

"Got it. I'm on my way." Naomi grabbed her keys and turned to Henry. 

"Killian's been injured. Someone crashed. I'll be back in... before tomorrow," she told him. 

"But-"

"Bye!" Naomi turned and left the loft without another word. She had some pirate's ass to beat once again. 

+ + +

"Let me through! Let me through!" Mr. Gold shouted angrily as the hospital crowd took Belle away. Belle tried to struggle free in confusion, but Ruby led her with the nurses. So many people had just been hurt.