𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 [ 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙛𝙛 ]

A/n: This contains a lil bit of Angst
⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
All Right's Reserved! This Is My Own Story.
⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

(Y/N) POV

Natasha is a very likeable person. I mean c'mon she's gorgeous, sweet, kind, caring, name it all she's perfect. So it isn't that hard to fall in love with her. I'm actually damn lucky I got to call her mine.

When I joined the Avengers I wasn't close to any of them just Bucky. We're similar to each other that's why we hang out. I am a very quiet person I just speak when I am asked or needed to.

The first time I saw Natasha I fell in love with her but I only look from afar 'cause I know I don't have a chance. We only have little interaction and I always got butterflies whenever she smiles at me.

I know she has feelings for Steve though. She smiles whenever she talks to him. Sometimes when Steve jokes she laughs, oh god her laugh I swear it's the most beautiful laugh I've ever heard in my life. Seeing her happy makes me happy.

Natasha and I got close when Steve was set for a year mission, that's how it all started.

We hang out almost every day, go to the mall, watch movies, train together, you know those stuff. Every time I spent time with her I fall for her harder. Eventually, the hangouts turn into dates.

We were at the top of a restaurant building, it's one of our date nights. I hold her hand on the table which made her look into my eyes.

"Nat we've been hanging out for a few months and god I would be lying if I said I haven't caught feelings for you yet because I did. From the first the I met you, you already have a piece of my heart and I-" I ramble to her which 'cause her to squeeze my hand telling me to breathe.

"What I am trying to say is would you be my girlfriend?"

Instead of answering she pulls me into a soft passionate kiss.
"I'll take that as a yes," I mumble into her lips after we pull apart which, causes her to giggle and peck my lips again while nodding.

No one knows in the compound that we were dating. Nat likes to keep it private and let them figure it out. It's fun sneaking around. I am actually surprised they haven't figured it out yet since Nat is so loud in bed.

It was morning when I heard all of the noise outside. I turn to my side looking for Nat but she's not there. Her side of the bed was cold, I thought she was in the bathroom but when I got there she's nowhere around.

I went outside and go to her room which is the opposite of mine to check if she was there 'cause whenever she got instinct when someone is coming -which always turns right- she stays there until the coast is clear. When I open it she wasn't there.

There are still noises coming from the kitchen which is surprising since we weren't morning persons.

The voices eventually get louder and I can recall their voices. Someone was saying something but can't recall who since it's a bit far and was said almost like a whisper. Whoever said what they say causes Natasha to laugh, I smile when I hear it. It's not that easy to make Nat laugh so whatever the person said should be funny.

When I got to the table the whole team was there. I was supposed to walk in my chair which is beside  Nat but it was already occupied, by Steve. He's back.

"Good morning (y/n)." Steve greeted which I reply with a nod. They continue their chat while I walk to Bucky's side who handed me a plate then putting bacon and pancakes.

Whenever I glance at Nat she's looking at Steve and I can see the love in her eyes. I look away and finish my food as fast as I can. I went back to my room as discreet as I can and changed into my training clothes then went to the gym.

I keep punching the bag for almost forever. It hurts at first but then I got used to it. I got frustrated at some point which causes my powers out of control but I regain my composure. I move to the shooting area and I always hit the bullseye. After that, I went to the treadmill and put it at the highest speed. I was wearing my earphones blasting music in my ears so I didn't notice Clint walk in.

I didn't know what time it is until he called me for dinner. He was supposed to get something he forgot early this morning and wasn't aware that I was there until he saw me. I just realized that I've been gone for a day and nobody notice it, even my girlfriend.

When I got back to my room I showered and then walk to the kitchen. Again, Nat was beside Steve.
Tony announced that tomorrow night there will be a party welcoming home the captain an excuse to just have a party.

I wore a black dress then pairing it with black stilettos, curling my hair with natural waves, then I put light make up, and finally adding accessories.

(fit)
[ u can change it if u want ]

I went to the party in search of my girlfriend but when I find her with Steve I went straight to the bar

I went to the party in search of my girlfriend but when I find her with Steve I went straight to the bar. I was thinking of not going, I should have just stayed in my room and watch movies. After a couple more shot I said hi to Buck and the team just to show them I showed up then went back to my room.

I'm not surprised Nat doesn't pay attention to me. I even dress up for her but still nothing. I know too damn well that she's using me from the start, but I still stayed. I wanna know what it feels like to be with her even though I know it was just an act, a distraction. Now I am just waiting for her to break up.

If someone knows about our relationship some would encourage me to fight for her, but I know from the start that I'll lose, I always lose. I will and always be someone's rebound. I am so in love with her that I am losing myself.

It has been a few weeks since Steve came back and Nat and I haven't talk yet. I always stay midnight to wait for her to sneak into my room but I always ended up sleeping with dry tears.

It was Friday afternoon when someone knocks on my door which to I reply, "Come in."

The door opened and reveal Nat. I sat up straight leaning to the headboard while she sits beside me. I am ready for whatever she has to say, but I didn't say it will not hurt.

She looks at me in the eyes and said, "I know I haven't been around with you anymore and I am sorry for that it's just that, I don't feel anything anymore. Believe me, I did love you it's just that-" I cut her off and said, "Your love for him is greater," which she nodded while swallowing the lump in her throat.

"It's okay," reassuring her, "but I will always be here whenever you need me," I added while looking through her eyes and stroking her hair. She cups my cheek and shared our last kiss. When she left I sob my tears out.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
A/n: I have an idea of part 2 but I'll only post it if someone wants it lol. Anw,
t h a n k s  f o r  r e a d i n g !