𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐 [𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙛𝙛 ]

AU | Heavy Angst
Reader G!P
not proofread
inspired by "Break My Heart Again" by FINNEAS

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
All Right's Reserved! This Is My Own Story.
⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Part 2

It's 7 in the morning when you went inside the kitchen to see Natasha on the table one hand reading a book, the other holding a cup of coffee. You stare at her for a while admiring her beauty.

"I'm off for work," you said as you walked toward her and kissed her forehead before proceeding to leave. As always, you receive nothing in response.

This has been going on for a year. You are used to it by now but that doesn't stop the crumbling of your heart. By now you think you have gone numb with the pain but you haven't.

You know she's seeing someone behind your back and that someone wasn't just somebody, but that somebody is Steve. She doesn't even hide it from you cause in the first place she made it clear. She will never love you the way you love her. She stayed only for one thing.

Flashback

Another file that you had read and signed was placed on the pile of papers. It has been a month since you saw and talked to Nat. You let a loud sigh as you rubbed your eyes to ease them from all the reading you've been doing for several hours. Just as you decided to take a nap you hear your office door open and revealed the redhead you've been thinking of.

She storms into your office grabs something in her bag and drops it on your table. "What's this?" you asked still confused about what is happening.

"I'm pregnant," she coldly said, "with your child."

Under different circumstances, you would hug her and kiss her for that beautiful news, but this isn't that situation.

You stand up from your swivel chair and grabbed the bottle of water from the mini-fridge inside your office. After gulping down the liquid you look at her.

"Look, I know you don't want any of this to happen and I'm sorry for that. You have different plans and I ruined them for you. I get that, and I am deeply sorry Natasha. We were both intoxicated. That night shouldn't have happened. And this, I would support you whatever your decision will be. If you want to abort the child, our child, it'll hurt me but I understand. If you want to carry it, I will be with you every step of the way. We can tell your parents and tell them I'll marry you and will provide for the both of you."

You walk towards her and try to hold her hand but she steps away. "Let's made this clear, I'm only agreeing to marry you for the sake of our child. My heart belongs to Steve and Steve only. Do you understand?"

You nod in response, holding the tears that started to build up. After she said that she left the room and leave you there again, standing.

End of Flashback

Your daughter is six months old, she carries both features of Natasha and you. She has become your sanity, your comfort, and your haven. No one can compare to the love you give to her. She's a literal angel with green eyes and (y/hc).

In times you're not working you're the one who looks after her sometimes even bringing her to your work to show her off to your co-workers.

There are times when you'll have 3 days off to spend it with your family but every time you do, Natasha will tell you she'll go to Steve - who came back from London a month ago - for the remaining days you're off.

She said since you are there you can take care of Amelia - the name you have given your daughter.

Oh, it must be nice
To love someone who lets you break them twice.

Twice is not enough numbers on the countless heartbreaks you've been feeling for the years you've been with Natasha.

Years have passed and Amelia is now graduating high school. She aced her school and even come off the first rank on her batch ranking. She has been working hard in school and even in her extra co-curricular activities. She makes sure to keep us proud, especially her mom.

"I can't do this anymore (y/n). I can't pretend to have the happy family that we're trying to be. I'm leaving this country with Steve and I'll take Amelia with me. So please, sign the divorce papers."

You have been an expert at holding and bottling up your emotions, but the second she drops the papers on your table the tears unfold. You are aware that this time would come, you even thought she would've done it before Amelia enters high school but it wasn't.

You were prepared for the situation of divorce but never the statement of taking Amelia with her. "I can't do that. I will sign the papers but Amelia will stay with me. She's the only one I have Natasha, please understand that" you pleaded.

She can take anything from you but never your daughter you love so deeply.

"Fine, but don't tell her the real reason why I left you. I want her to think that I made a mistake, that I cheated. I do not want her to resent you"

"I do not want her to resent you either Natasha," you argued.

"It's that or I will take her with me (y/n)."

The time she left with her packed suitcase both of you weren't expecting Amelia to be home. She keeps screaming for her mother as Natasha drives away from your house. Tears have sprung to your eyes again to see how your daughter was affected by the situation.

Maybe love made a total fool out of you. It made you blind for still believing Natasha's words. That you are the only one who's at fault that night. That you were sober and you let it happen but in reality, you weren't. You were influenced by the alcohol.

Amelia understood your side when you told her what happened. She didn't get mad at you for that mistake like you are expecting to. She just simply understood.

It has been 10 years since you signed the divorce paper. Sitting with Amelia on your patio, sipping the drinks you have in your hand while you tell the real story of why her mother left.

You remember the news after a year Natasha left, she's married again and this time it is to the love of her life.

They moved to London. You are a thousand miles away from her, but she still managed to break your heart again. You wanted to be happy for her, you really do. Maybe one day you will be.

After the endless heart breaks, how come you still love her? It isn't fair how your heart still beats for her. What does she have that still makes it pound numerous times just as it breaks because of her?

Her red hair that complimented her green eyes. Her smiles that can light up the whole world – your world. Her laugh that gives you the feeling when you hear your favorite song.

The way she protected you in your early years. The way she cared for you when nobody else does. To comfort you when you're parents can't.

So go ahead and break my heart again
Leave me wonderin' why the hell I ever let you in

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
a/n: i know this has been long overdue, and im so sorry for not updating. sometimes i hate that i went to college lol. also thank you lots for a hundred and sixty thousand reads 😭 i didn't really expect my shitty stories to blow up. as always,
t h a n k s f o r r e a d i n g !