𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬 [𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙛𝙛 ]

requested by wxttpxd-onlyx
long chap ahead
not proofread

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
All Right's Reserved! This Is My Own Story.
⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

You noticed that Natasha has been spending less time with you ever since Wanda came back for a year's mission. You are not close to Wanda because you got recruited a week before she was set off on her mission. You only talk when you have questions for her or the other way around.

You understand that Natasha and Wanda are best friends next to Clint but it has been three weeks since she came back. You told yourself to be patient, but when Natasha stops sleeping beside you until midnight, it shortens it.

You noticed how everything changes. How her kisses linger shorter than before. How her "I love you's" getting foreign. How her smile isn't as pure as before. And of course, it didn't take you any second to notice the fear inside her eyes like she had done something wrong.

As much as you want to ask her about everything you stay silent and wait for her to make the first move. Recently, you have just received news and it makes you want to fight for what you and Natasha have.

After dinner with the team, you were about to help Steve clean the dishes when Nat caught hold of your elbows. You turn your head to look at her,

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" she whispered while looking into your eyes.

You look at Steve to tell him you'll help him another time, to which you earned a reply, "Don't worry about it."

You both walk silently to your room. You entered first and she followed soon after. You went into the window side looking at the city.

"I have—"
"Nata—"
You both said at the same time. "I'm sorry you go first," you say.

"Uhm... okay..." she let out a sigh then continued, "I know I haven't been there these past few weeks and I know you know that. I just, I don't think you deserve to be treated this way and it will be the best if we break up."

You continue to stare at her, eyes never blinking. She let out another sigh and took both of your hands. "Y/n say something please."

"Was I just a pastime until she gets back? Did you ever love me?"

She drops your hands to cup your cheek, "Of course not y/n/n. I love you. I did not lie to you, all of my feelings for you are real. It's just that–"

"You love her more," you let out, removing your eyes from her to the window.

"I'm sorry Y/n," she says. You look back at her, eyes becoming glossy from holding your tears. "Is there nothing we can do? Because I love you, Tasha, so much. Can we try something?" Your voice becomes a bit hoarse from desperation.

Natasha continues to look at you, her mouth opening and then closing again. You let out a loud sigh knowing you have lost, putting your hand in your belly to find some comfort for someone who hasn't been born.

"I guess this is it then," you whispered. "I'm sorry Y/n." You nod your head then walk out of the room.

You went to the park to clear your head and wait for the time until Natasha gathered her stuff in your room.

Nick offered you a job the other day. He offered you a relocation to another base as it was newly established. They need more hands, especially with experience and you are the one who was picked.