28. Grounded

Well, the trip was sure "fun"!

What happened at home was not as much. Jackson turning off your phone during the trip surely added some fuel to the fire. Summer was nearly there. School's over. And that only meant that your dad would have even more control over your life than ever. The trip for "job" purposes did not excuse you from the punishment. You were forced to temporarily quit the job at the agency. Knowing the field, you're anticipating that your place will be taken by a professional, especially since their group is becoming so popular. Not even speaking about the drama that happened with Yugyeom. At last, you won't be able to see any of their faces for months to come since you were grounded for pretty much the whole summer. Sure enough time to self-reflect on the past actions.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!"

You were peacefully sitting in your room, cleaning the shelves with a rather depressed mood when something heavy hit your window on the second floor. Good thing your parents were out for groceries. You hesitantly approached the window and looked from a distance.

"Maybe a bird?" Not thinking about it too much you turned back to the shelves when a second knock happened, twice as loud.

You decided to open the window and the second you did, a baseball ball barely flew over your head into a flower pot near your PC.

"Are you stupid?! A baseball ball?!? You really wanted to crack my skull open didn't you? Seems like the blonde roots got straight to your brain" You screamed out the window.

"Well excuse you I used the tennis ball first and you didn't respond??"

"Ever heard of knocking?! Something like a DOOR?"

"Your dad hates me, remember?"

"Well he certainly will NOW?"

"Look I don't have time for this, come down!"

"You really want my dad to make a scarecrow out of me at this point don't you? He didn't really like my phone being turned off for the whole trip you know- wait what stupidity are you doing now?" In the middle of your rant, Jackson ran over to the neighbors front yard, and from what it looks, asking for a ladder?

"PUT THAT LADDER BACK" You screamed, attracting the attention of your neighbors. "Sorry! I'm worried about his concussion"

"What concussion?"

"The one you were about to have If you'd used that damn ladder"

"I really need you to clear some things for me and I don't really wish to be screaming from that distance right now!"

"That persistence I swear" You muttered

"Y/N! I won't tell your dad! I'll tell him I sent you to the store to get something for me okay? You can have the day to yourself and your friend I won't tell!" The neighbor intervened

"Mr neighbor you're probably the best neighbor I've ever met around here. I owe you" Jackson replied.

You let out a long sigh and decided to come down.

That boy will be the death of me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You quietly took a walk to a nearby park. Far enough from your house and your parents' sight. At least... you were the only quiet one.

"Okay so first of all I wanted to talk about the bet thing which was genuinely stupid, then I also wanted to know why you quit the job offer, and then Yugyeom and you seem to be on sticks and needles all the time I hope I'm not being TOO nosy but I had to ask and then all the drama that happened with Megun... Megin? Megan? Whatever her name is and then-"

"Jackson slow down, we got time"

"Good thing you say that because we barely spend time nowadays"

Oh-.... the thing he just said sounded quite sweet..for once..

"Yeah, and I'm not saying this because of that bet but what I actually mean is-..."

You spoke too soon...

------------------------------------------------

You've finally arrived at the park and hid inside one of the slides. Thankfully no kids were around. (Some even say this park is haunted.)

"Okay Jackson-"

"Yes ma'am-"

"The bet. Talk"

"Okay, so. I won't lie. That day...Yugyeom did ask me to speak to you and actually become your friend. And he assumed that I won't be able to or that I shouldn't be even trying or whatever. I obviously wanted to prove him wrong. But my initial goal was to acquire a new friend. Not to make fun of you or anything."

"Makes sense.."

"You think I'm lying don't you?"

"Not entirely, at least I THINK you're being sincere. I'm not holding a grudge against you."

"Good"

"Otherwise why would you try so hard to break my window in order to talk to me. Not to mention you were so politely trying to steal my neighbor's ladder. And also-"

"Please forget this ever happened"

"Not a chance"

"Alright then! Your turn. At first, I didn't pay much attention to it, but that truth or dare game in the dorms was really intense between you and Yugyeom. What is he so mad about?! Spill the tea."

"Alright, if you really want to know. But... You might want to stay away from me afterward. Just like he said. Because what Yuggyeom said might not be entirely false."

"I doubt it but let's hear it anyway"

"Okay so it goes a little bit like this:..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yallll okay. My sincere apologies for leaving(for the 50th time). I'm aware that I kind of disappeared for a LONG time. To be completely honest, I've been becoming more and more lazy in editing this story. Another thing like I mentioned previously is that I feel like I've been slowly drifting away from kpop in general and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make any more decent chapters. But seeing recent comments, still coming in 2021, it appears that some of you guys still want more chapters. For those of you who are still reading, here's sum cheesecake tysm.

I won't blame anyone for abandoning the story I completely understand

I won't blame anyone for abandoning the story I completely understand. But those who're still here: Ily <3

**********

I won't lie, there's a slight possibility that I discontinue this story, due to my lack of inspiration.