14. Phone

Frozen, standing still in front the door of your own house, you anxiously looked down on the ringing phone in the palm of your hand. It kept ringing from the moment you left the studio, but for some reason, you were afraid to pick up this call. You took a deep breath before turning your door knob and finally entering inside.

''I'm home~...''

Standing right in front of you, you looked at your dad, phone in his hand, dangerously staring at you.

''What the hell is this?!''

He violently threw a document on a little wooden table right next to you. You leaned forward to take a better view of it. You realised it was your report card.

Well hello to you too. I was worried aswell...

''C, D, and F on 3 school subjects. How'd it happen? I really thought my daughter was a brilliant girl and an exemplary student. Why did you have to ruin my impression of you like this??'' The tone of his voice was quickly rising up. It almost seemed like a scream.

You saw a silhouette  hiding behind the kitchen door from the corner of your eyes. You realised it was your cousin, trying to listen to the drama happening between you and your own father.

''Look at me when I'm talking..'' he shot as you obeyed. ''Where were you just now? not picking up my calls like this.''

''I was meeting up with a few classmates-...'' You innocently started before being interrupted once again.

''So that's how you're studying huh? Having fun wasting your time like that instead of thinking about a career. You won't be able to get anywhere with these drades!! Does your little head understands it or not?!'' He snapped.

''Don't scream...''

''You don't understand otherwise!! Lately I see that I gave you way too much freedom!''

''You know what? A little bit of support would've been really helpful. Instead of just ignoring me if that's what you call freedom.'' You said. You felt a sharp pain in your chest as you kept looking down on your feet. Why does he always have to ruin your mood like this.

''A little bit of support?? Alright darling. I'll help you concentrate. You're grounded. Coming straight home after school, do you hear me?!''

''Not like I leave this house often anyways.'' You took your backpack, keeping a pokerface while heading towards the stairs.

''Your phone..''

''Huh?'' you said confusedly.

''You need my support right? If you don't contact your said ''friends'' there shouldn't be any problems right? And if you can't even answer me when I'm calling you I don't see any use for it.''

''What if I get in trouble? or if I'll need to call you?''

''You can call from school. As far as I know there's atleast a phone in the principal's office''

You let out a sarcastic chuckle looking up before you finally handed your cellphone to him and ran down the stairs to your room.

If only you knew about what actually happened last year. If only you knew. Would you actually be more understanding? Or act like nothing has ever happened? You probably would..

********************************************

''Morning Babe~ wazzup? Got home safe last night?'' 

You observed Jackson leaning his shoulder on the locker next to yours. Pretending to chew a bubble gum while making an attempt at acting all cool and sexy by deepening his voice and looking down at you with his sharp eyes.