8. Megan

They kept on fighting, walking towards 5 other boys and separating themselves to go find their classrooms. As you were about to do the same, someone pushed you from behind. As you lost your balance, you brusquely fell on the floor, lifting your head up to look at the person standing in front of you.

''Long time no see''

You blankly stared at the person who just pushed you on the floor, finally realizing who it is.

''Ah...it's you'' you groaned with a disappointed tone, now trying to get up on your feet ''What do you want Megan? you forgot something?''

She looked at you with annoyance, still keeping this evil smirk on her face looking down at you on her dark red heels.Her friends, two guys and a girl, or more like her minions followed her behind to make her look more intimidating. ''Don't act so confident girl...'' she warned.

''What the hell are you still doing here? I thought the suspension from the school actually taught you something. Don't you have any more entertaining things to do with your life except trying to bring other people down?'' you sighed, tired of all the drama she put you through.

''Ha ha...did you hear that guys?'' she laughed sarcastically turning to her group '' The little loser learned how to talk back to us''. the group laughed as she said that. You felt the uneasiness growing within you, remembering things you wished to forget that came flowing up into your mind at this very moment, but you still tried to stay composed. You kept the eye contact.

''I might be silent...but i'm not weak. Just because you're so loud doesn't mean you're stronger. You just seem like a Chihuahua seeking for attention. Do you feel better acting all superior like that? That's pathetic...'' you said, slowly shaking your head, trying your best to keep your back straight and looking confident. Even though you felt like your confidence was slowly fading away.

''Not weak huh? funny how you just fell from a little push, I didn't even forced my arm'' The girl next to her said. Her name was Joe. She never leaves Megan's side

''Especially considering the fact that Joe must be the weakest, she isn't even able to carry her purse and bags by herself when Megan and she go shopping'' The boy with brown curly hair added, he must be Megan's brother. Joe then suddenly slapped his shoulder as they all laughed. Then the boy finally turned his gaze to look at you again. ''But I guess...not the weakest anymore'' he slowly started as you kept the eye contact, clenching your jaw ''since you seem being even lower than the weakest level''

They all started laughing like hysterical hyenas. You looked down on the floor, you kept your back straight but you felt your eyes becoming watery. Not because you felt sad or humiliated, but because you felt the rage growing up inside. You tried hard to stay calm and hide your emotions but the expression on your face slowly started to betray you.

''So.. how are your friends?'' Megan started again '' Oh...wait sorry I forgot you were the invisible kid'' the group kept giving each other high-fives still laughing at you while you stood there, frozen, unable to move.

''You guys really have no sense of humor'' An ironic laugh joined the conversation. A girl with very short black-brownish hair approached the gang, a smirk on her face. She wore loose boy's clothing and a black cap.

''Excuse me boy, who are you anyways?'' Megan shot with a grin on her face.

''I'm not talking with noisy chihuahuas sorry'' The girl snapped back with a grin and a relaxed expression. Megan's own group now looked at her with widened shocked eyes and laughed at the joke. You silently laughed to yourself as well.

''Shut your mouths which side are you on?!'' Megan roared.

''Tsk tsk tsk be careful girl, you won't have any friends left with this attitude and this way of treating others'' Now Megan's squad was completely silent. All ironically glaring at their leader. '' You, don't waste your time with these phonies and hurry to class, the bell's gonna ring. I'll take care of the rest'' the girl approached you, friendly putting her hands on your shoulders, turning you around and gently pushing you towards the cafeteria doors.

***********************************************

You were lucky this girl came right on time to rescue you. You sat in front of your desk, disappointed of the fact that Megan came back to school. She used to humiliate you, mostly in front of yourself than in front of people. Trying to bring you down, stealing your friends, leaving you all alone and doing everything to make you feel insecure. The day your cousin came to your house, all this time you spent with her confident personality, talking and building up your self esteem you weren't as afraid to face Megan as you were a year ago.

''Y/N?''

You were brought back to reality hearing the teacher's voice calling out your name.

''Ah yes?...''

''Where are your books?''

You realized you were in such a hurry that you forgot to take your books from your locker before going to your class.

''I..forgot them'' you replied guiltily in a low voice.

''You're lucky today we're working in teams''

''She's going to work with us!!!'' You heard Jackson shout through the whole classroom as you heard a few chuckles coming right after.

''Oh...Mr. Wang just woke up from his nap?'' The laughter intensifies as Jackson kept a poker face looking straight at the teacher.

''Can I work alone?'' you then said.

''Can I work alone too Sir?'' Suddenly Jackson's desk partner added.

''Shut up Mark'' Jackson said, slightly hitting Mark on his back, the classroom still full of cheerful laughter.Even the teacher now slightly chuckled at the situation.

''Alright kids, enough with the jokes, get into groups'' The teacher finally said as I got up to my assigned group with Mark and Jackson.

''Are you okay? I've seen your expression back at the cafeteria. Were you feeling dizzy?'' Jackson asked, concerned.

''I'm alright, you've seen wrong'' You reassured him.

''Oh by the way this is Mark, Mark this is Y/N'' he introduced us as we both quietly nodded looking at each other.

'' I guess this is supposed to mean Nice-To-Meet-You in your silent language? Jackson teased both of you.

You then gave Mark the How-are-you-so-patient-with-him face. And to your surprise he understood what you meant and gave you the Got-used-to-it and the Its-painful face expressions.

''Guys you're creeping me out, please stop the telepathy, how do you even understand each other??'' Jackson interrupted.

You then made the I-see-what-you-mean look and he responded by the I-know, while nodding in response.

''GUYS!! it's creepy! stop being so silent and talk! I think it will be much easier for me. BTW, Y/N, are you free tomorrow after school??'' Jackson suddenly asked.

''Depends, why?''

'' We have a group meeting tomorrow, and Mark had the great idea to invite you hang out with us. You will see us singing and dancing~ I know you want to, come on~ '' He sweetly responded

''Who will be there?'' You simply asked.

''Well... there's gonna be me, then-''

''I'm not going.'' you jokingly said as Mark started laughing with you. Jackson glared at you with a poker face, sarcastically laughing before making a very serious face the second after.

''Ha-ha-ha.....funny.''

''I'm joking, I will come''

''Really??'' He then suddenly smiled

''Of course she will, I will be there~'' Mark added

''Mark be quiet'' Jackson said as Mark started laughing again. He has a very sweet laugh.''So tomorrow, after the final bell ring, we meet at the school entrance, door 21.''