9. You're out

Passing through the front door of your house, you immediately put your backpack on the couch and slowly headed to the kitchen. Your dad was there, reading a newspaper while your cousin was talking on the phone. Probably with her new boyfriend. It was such a nice feeling seeing her all happy, smiling. So bright and cheerful.

''Y/N .... your back pack.'' your dad firmly said while keeping his eyes on the text of his newspaper. Without even greeting you. It's always the same thing. You silently took your bag and headed downstairs before Arina called your name from the kitchen.

''Y/N!! Wait for me!''

You both headed to your room down the stairs. While you were taking out your note books to finally finish your assignment, your cousin then suddenly jumped on your bed, hugging your pillow giggling as you glanced at her in amusement.

''Love is in the airrr ~'' you sang grinning at her before she brusquely threw the pillow at your face and falling back on your bed.

''Shut up~'' she sighed '' he's probably just messing with me anyways, all boys are the same''

''Maybe this time it's your destiny?'' you affirmed wiggling your eyebrows.

''Tsk...as if'' she rolled her eyes before continuing '' Let's go on a walk tomorrow after you finish school? We can go buy your favorite coffee at a Tim Horton??''

''Ah this...Well I...I actually agreed to go somewhere with my classmates tomorrow after school'' You told her as your lips formed a little smile on your face. You still couldn't believe you agreed to hang out with Jackson and his group of friends. Since you weren't quite used hanging around many people all at once, you felt a little bit nervous but same time you felt flattered that Mark and Jackson actually wanted you to come with them. Popular kids never made you feel at ease. In a group, you were always the quiet one, not daring to speak. You were just hoping that his friends wouldn't be as intimidating as Megan crew is.

''Omg really???'' She excitedly jumped off the bed '' With whom?? last time I've seen you hanging out with your classmates was before Megan-...'' then she stopped, becoming hesitant.

''Oh yeah...she's back too...'' you lowered your head. Just the thought of Megan coming back to school made your blood boil with anger and fear.

''If she does something I swear-''

''I'm going to be okay, don't worry. Jackson and a few of his friends are going to be with me. I won't be alone''

''Troublemaker?!? Him?!? out of all other people??? Why Jackson??''

''You know..I actually don't think he is as bad as we think he is. I don't think he's putting himself in trouble on purpose. He's just....too...easygoing?'' you hesitantly responded hoping she won't yell back at you. Arina opened her mouth, preparing to shout another long lecture before letting out a deep sigh instead.

''He's the type of people who enjoys life, without caring about the consequences...just like me. Maybe you're right.'' she softly said. ''Maybe it's for the best... I'll let go the lecture for this time''

''Who are you and what did you do to my lovely overprotective cousin'' You widened your eyes, surprised at the fact that she's actually letting you go with a boy she thought was bad news.

''You need an extrovert in your life to get you out of the introverted zone'' she teased you as you sent a death stare towards her, which made her laugh. '' I talked to his friend at the party. Remember? My friend's boyfriend? He tried hard to reassure me about him. I don't trust this kid, but I think I might as well give him a chance... Have fun tomorrow. You're going to tell me everything when you get back home, right?~'' She giggled, talking while walking towards her own bed.