10. After school

''Y/N Wait!''

You were on your way to join your last class as you heard Mark calling out your name catching up with you.

''Oh hey! hurry up we're late!'' you turned around to face him.

''Actually there's still a long 7 minutes left, we can slowly walk to class during this time. You okay with it?''

''Sure, sure'' You awkwardly said. You then both started walking towards your classroom. Funny how only a week ago he would've not even greeted you if you met him in the hallways, and not even sure if you would've answered him even if he did. From Jackson's sudden appearance into your life last Friday, when he decided to try to talk to you, you became much more relaxed than before. Your confidence's building up to the point where you can finally talk openly with the rest of people.

''Is Jackson okay?" You smiled, turning to Mark who snapped out of his thoughts immediately.

''After Jinyoung chased after him? heh, i'm not even sure, I had a meeting after the lunch break so I couldn't attend the class. But Jinyoung can be pretty harsh so I hope Jackson got away from him.'' He laughed, making fun of the situation.

''Oh me too'' You answered before it fell back silent. ''I'm sorry...I'm not good at keeping a conversation going...'' You apologized as Mark's expression changed. Softened, as he understood what you were talking about.

'' I can relate to that, don't worry'' he sweetly smiled at you.'' You know... It's not a bad thing having a calm and quiet personality. Many times, nothing comes to my mind, I don't know how to react or how to respond, or even create a topic of a conversation, so I keep quiet. Friends don't care, they just accept you the way you are. So you get used to it. You don't always have to say something in a conversation. Listening can be enough. The world needs some introverts like us to keep the balance.''

Friends don't care, they accept you the way you are...

''Yeah... I guess you're right...'' you looked down as Mark kept looking at you.

''You somehow caught Jackson's attention huh'' He smiled as your body tensed at this sudden comment.

''W-W-why thought?'' You stuttered, giving a funny expression that made Mark chuckle at your nervousness.

''I don't know myself... but I can guess'' He winked at you, fastening his steps to enter the classroom. You stopped walking, confused, trying to process the sentence he just said.

''.......Hey wait! What's that supposed to mean?!'' you shot, running after him.

*******************************************************************************************

Door 21. Your classes ended, time to meet with Jackson and the others. You walked outside, looked around. No one was there so you thought you came first and decided to wait. Leaning against the door a scary thought stuck you. What if everything was a prank... To make fun of you, or giving you fake hope. It can't be...can it? You shook away the thought. Stop the paranoia. A while passed and all the students started walking out of the school doors, heading home.

Megan left by the back doors which happens to be at the other side of the building. Approaching the corner, she noticed your presence. She stood still for a moment. No one was around. Everyone left the deserted place. Seeing you waiting there, all alone. She smirked from the distance and took off her earphones, walking in your direction.

After a moment you heard the clacking of heels, becoming louder by the second. Looking in front, you could see a familiar figure walking towards you. Megan was meters away, just her presence made you nervous. You couldn't run. But then, she stopped. Her eyebrows jumped in surprise looking in your direction. Leaving you there in confusion.