KJK Disappeared

"Jihyo unnie come sit with us" Somin waved at me.

We were at the cafeteria and I just got my food and was scanning the place for a seat when I saw Somin sitting at a table with Haha, Kwangsoo and Sechan. I walked over to them and sat beside Somin.

It had been a week since school started and I had gotten to know Somin's friends too. Kwangsoo was your typical annoying friend but deep inside, he was also caring and kind.

Haha was the type who was all fun and games until he needed to be serious. His girlfriend, Goeun attended a different school so whenever we finished, he rushed to collect her.

Sechan obviously liked Somin and everyone saw this but Somin. She was oblivious to his feelings for her, stating that they had been friends since childhood and there was no way he would like her.

"Somin-ah I told you you don't need to call me unnie" I said.

"It's comfortable that way"

"Is no one wondering what happened to the other new kid, Kim Jongkook? He came to school for one day and hasn't been in for a week now" Kwangsoo mentioned.

"He didn't drop out did he?" Haha wondered.

If Jongkook hadn't been in school for a week, how come I saw him nearly every day at the bottom of the stairs outside the school building, I wondered.

He always wore the same black outfit and stood in the same spot but whenever school started, I never saw him again. I didn't greet or talk to him during those times, I would just pass by him as if I couldn't see him.

"So this is where everyone was" a voice said.

Yoo Jaesuk and Ji Seokjin occupied the remaining seats at our table after they got food as well. Jaesuk was the humble student from our class, a well deserved respected class representative. He was kind to everyone and made sure I felt comfortable and welcomed when we first met.

Seokjin on the other hand was a student who got held back a year. He often bickered with Jaesuk but the two were good friends. They both hung out together most of the time and joined us recently.

"Jihyo, how's your first week here?" Jaesuk asked.

"Look at him getting into people's business again" Seokjin commented.

"Hyung I did the same with you when you got held back last year"

"I'm doing well thank you. I'm happy to have met you guys. I really thought I would spend my last year of school alone" I replied.

"That's absurd, you're fun to be with" Somin disagreed with me.

"Yeah when she's awake" Kwangsoo chimed in.

"Yah!" I glared at him.

"Are you going to hit me again? I'm getting offended. We've only known each other for a week and you're already hitting me"

"Your face just makes me want to hit you"

"Kwangsoo, don't argue back because you know she's right" Jaesuk joined in.

"Hyung how can you say that?" Kwangsoo questioned.

"Why do you call him hyung?" I asked.

"He wouldn't let me call him by his name" Kwangsoo answered.

"Jaesuk hyung has power over all of us and obviously we have to call him hyung too because he got held back and isn't really the same age as us" Haha pointed at Seokjin.

"We have to get back to class soon" Sechan mentioned.

I finished gobbling up the food left on my plate then took the tray to put it back. I followed the rest back to class and sat in my seat. Looking at the empty seat next to me, I started to wonder what happened to Jongkook. I hoped he was okay and that he didn't drop out of school.