Alone Together

"Here's your slushie" I said, placing the cold beverage on the table in front of Jongkook.

I got him the sour apple flavor while I got a mixture of the red and blue. Growing up, I always thought that it was a must to get slushies when I went to amusement parks. It became some kind of tradition for me ever since and always made sure I had one at amusement parks.

After the haunted house incident, Jongkook and I got seperated from the group. They didn't realize we weren't with them and went on to line up for another ride

>Flashback<
"J..Jihyo" Jongkook said.

It took me a while to gather my thoughts together after realizing who I landed on. The familiar scent on this guy's shirt was strong enough for me to quickly recognize who it was.

I couldn't help but think that the more I tried to avoid him, the more our paths crossed. Damn Kwangsoo, if he hadn't run off like a scaredy cat, I wouldn't have been in that situation, but after cursing him, nothing changed.

I lifted my head up to face him once and for all. His head already tilted downwards, looking at me with a slight smile on his face.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly.

"We should go"

I turned away from him and continued my way through the haunted house but we weren't even close to finishing the course at that point.

Whenever something popped out or the lights flashed, I hastily grabbed onto Jongkook's arm and hid my face. What was worse was that he didn't stop me.

At one point, he even took my hand after getting tired of us stopping all the time and dragged me forward, closer to the end of the course. It worked though because my fear of the place were subdued and instead my mind focused on the fact our fingers intertwined.

By the time we got out of the place, the others were nowhere to be found. No trace of Somin, Kwangsoo or Seokjin oppa, who was the slowest out of all of them.

"Did they just leave us?" Jongkook questioned.

"I don't think she would allow that" I said under my breath.

There was no way Somin left him alone with me. It didn't make any sense. If she wanted to make a move on him, she wouldn't let him out of her sight.

"Allow what?" Jongkook asked.

"Huh?"

He heard that?

"Nothing" I added.

"Do you always do that? Talk to yourself even when you're with friends?" he chuckled.

"Are we friends?" I teased, raising both eyebrows at him with a smirk.

He smirked back but quickly put on a straight face and acted like I really offended him and said monotonously, "not nice!".

Suddenly my phone rang and took it out of my bag. Kwangsoo's caller id popped up. I immediately answered the call to scold him about ditching me inside the haunted house.