Acting Differently

"I can't believe we have an upcoming test already" Kwangsoo complained.

"Kwangsoo-ya, just study and do your best" Jaesuk encouraged him.

Since we arrived, all Kwangsoo had done was sigh and flip through the pages of his book. Our teacher said since we were in our last year, we should work harder to receive better results. Though the test wasn't until for another two days, the group decided to stay back after school to study in the library.

"Unnie are you finish studying?" Somin questioned.

"Yeah noona all you've been doing is lay your head on the table" Kwangsoo chimed in.

"We have another day to study and for sure it's just a simple class test" I told them.

"That's a bold move. It's your first time having Mr. Jung and he's ruthless when it comes to tests. Even if it's a class test he makes sure it's hard" Kwangsoo informed me.

"Yah why didn't you say anything? You've been watching me rest this whole time" I hit Kwangsoo at the back of his head.

"How is that my fault? What was the point of going to the library if you were just going to sleep"

"That's enough you two" Seokjin scolded.

Kwangsoo and I immediately went quiet after feeling like we got scolded by a teacher. Ever since I met Kwangsoo, we got along well but bickered a lot too. I had grown a fond of him and treated him like my own brother, in which hopefully he thought the same.

"Has anyone seen Sechan? He said he went to get a drink from the vending machine but hasn't come back yet" Somin worried.

"Don't tell me he went home" Kwangsoo commented.

"For sure he'll come back" Jaesuk assured.

While everyone went back to studying, I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket. I took it out and saw a message from Sechan and opened it.

'Can you help me with a surprise for Somin? Don't tell the others. I'm inside our homeroom' - Sechan.

Everyone knew about Sechan's 'little crush' for Somin and I was happy to know he finally wanted to act on it. I tried hiding my smile from the rest of the group as I read his message, excited to help the two get together and maybe become a couple.

I quietly got up but Jongkook who sat beside me grabbed onto my wrist. For some reason, he took me by surprise.

"Where are you going?" he questioned.

"I'm going to look for Sechan. Like Somin said, he is taking forever to come back"

Jongkook hesitated on letting me go. At first his grasp around my wrist tightened as if he wanted me to stay instead but eventually loosened it then took his hand off of me.

His weird actions had become the new norm for me and had even stopped questioning it. At that point, I let Jongkook be himself without worrying about anything.

I told the others that I was going after Sechan to check up where he was and Somin even thanked me but all I could think about was the surprise for her and how she would react. I didn't know what kind of surprise it was but since they had been childhood friends, for sure it was something Somin liked.

I headed back to our homeroom. Walking through the hallways after school when no one else was around felt so eerie. The sun had gone down already despite it only being 6pm. It was dark, the lights flickered, there was thunder and lightning and the closer I got to the room, the more I got scared. It was dead quiet with only my footsteps being heard.