Pure Joy

He sure was taking his time, I thought to myself as I wandered around aimlessly until I found myself at the gift shop. It was a small shop situated right across the toilets. I decided to enter it since I finished my call with Somin and Jongkook was still nowhere to be found.

I was reminded of the conversation I overheard from the two teenage boys that came out of the toilets and wondered if it was Jongkook they talked about. The story fit, if it was him, it made sense why it took him forever to come out.

While I walked around the shop, a small silver pendant necklace grabbed my attention. It was in the shape of a compass and something about it really got me interested in it. It was on one of the stalls the vendors outside the shop sold but already saw it from inside the shop.

"What are you doing?" a voice from right behind me asked.

This person's voice was enough to snap me out of the trance I fell into while admiring the beautiful necklace that was in front of me. I quickly turned to face that person, as if I had to explain myself.

"It's nothing. Let's go" I told him.

"Actually... there's something I have to do" Jongkook changed the topic.

"You're leaving me too? Somin and the others are still stuck in line but, I guess I can wait around and go to them instead"

"It can wait"

"A..are you sure? It sounded important, you don't have to worry about me I'll be fine"

YOU'RE LEAVING ME TOO??

Why did I have to open my big mouth and say such nonsense. It was the perfect opportunity to get rid of him and I blew it.

"You wanted to go on another ride didn't you?" he clarified.

"Yeah I guess, but really you don't need to stay with me. I'll head over to the ferris wheel and wait instead"

"Jihyo-ya, are you trying to avoid me again?"

Yes.

"Avoid? Why would I do that?" I fired back.

"I really wanted to try the carousel"

"The carousel?"

Out of all the rides in that park, I didn't expect him to want to go on the carousel. It was a ride that just went around, nothing special about it but I also didn't want to question him further.

"I saw a lot of people get off the ride. It must be fun" he told me.

"Okay, let's try it"

He led the way towards the carousel as if it wasn't his first time being at the place. He knew exactly where it was, beside a mini rollercoaster for children. It wasn't a big surprise since children were usually the ones riding the carousel with the exception of couples sometimes.

We lined up for it in no time and fortunately didn't take long until it was our turn to get on. He let me choose where to sit and as soon as I saw two horses side by side, I knew it was where I wanted to be.

He helped by letting me hold onto his hand as I got up on the horse before he got on the horse beside mine.

It had been a while since I got to ride a carousel. When I was young, it had been my favorite ride to the point where my dad hated seeing one because he knew he had no choice but to let me ride it.

It started off slowly, as the carousel spun around, the horses also began to motion up and down. Simultaneously, Jongkook and I reached the highest limit of the horse and never met eye to eye since the horses bounced up and down at different times.