Loved Dearly

[KJK POV]

It felt like I was awake the entire time. I was thankful that Sechan let me sleep in the same tent as him, but his snoring was something I couldn't handle even as a reaper.

I didn't know what time it was but I could see morning light seeping through the opened zip of the tent.

Great!

Sechan left the tent open when he woke up earlier to go toilet. Surprisingly, it didn't seem to bother me at all and my body didn't feel cold.

I decided to get up since I couldn't sleep anyway with all his snoring. However hard I tried, I even muffled up my ears using the pillows to try and block out the sound of his snoring but nothing worked.

I went outside and there was not a soul in sight, even spirits. Everyone was still asleep in their own tents and it must have been still too early for anyone to be up.

I wandered around, deep in thought of what Taehyun said, until I found myself back on the bridge. It bothered me a lot and my mind just couldn't block it out. What did he know about Jihyo? Why was that spirit so determined to get her? All these questions formed in my mind needed answers.

I spent a long time thinking about my mission until I got distracted by the birds. Usually, you would hear birds chirping early in the morning, but instead I saw a swarm of black birds ominously flying in the sky.

On my way back to the camp site, I saw a lot of the other students rushing towards a group of students surrounding a tent. It seemed like they were surrounding Sechan's tent.

"Hyung!" I heard Dongwook call out to me.

I turned to face him and was confused by the look on his face. He looked somehow surprised to see me and in shock.

"Where have you been? I've been looking all over the place for you" he questioned.

"I was at the lake. I've only been gone for a while. Why do you sound like you're in a rush?"

"Hyung, it's been nearly two hours since everyone woke up, except you"

"What non-sense are you saying this time? I'm clearly standing right in front of you"

Just then, I saw paramedics coming out of the tent with a stretcher in hand and on the stretcher was Kim Jongkook. The whole time, I was unaware I already exited his body. He looked lifeless but knew he was still in a coma.

"H...how did this happen?" I wondered aloud.

"That's why I've been looking for you" Dongwook answered.

My gaze followed the paramedics carrying Jongkook's body away onto the ambulance until I caught a glance of Jihyo staring straight at me. I watched as Bopil grabbed Jihyo's wrist and dragged her away with him.

My instincts and quick thinking drove me to follow them without hesitation. Bopil brought Jihyo to a secluded area into a nearby forest where no one else was there.

"Yah! I'm still here so don't even think about doing anything" I shouted at him.

"This is not the time for that!" Bopil fired back, looking directly at me as he let go of Jihyo's wrist.

After composing himself again, he looked back at Jihyo and apologized to her for having to see him scream back at me.

"I know you can see R76, but I need you to pretend that you can't" Bopil told Jihyo.