Someone's Jealous

"Noona I'm telling you, you can't trust him" Sechan pleaded with me.

After sending Somin home, I finally decided to settle the issue with Sechan without Jongkook's help. We went to the nearby playground where we often hung out at. I figured it could get messy if Jongkook was by my side. I saw the fierce look in his eyes when he grabbed my hand from Sechan's, like he wanted to beat him up.

"He explained everything to me. He really wanted to check up on you after that incident but when he saw you beginning to gain consciousness again, he got scared. I don't blame him Sechan-ah, even I was afraid of you. I trust him and that's my choice" I explained to him.

"Enlighten me noona, I have no idea what you're talking about and it's driving me crazy!"

He was clearly frustrated, his voice trembled and knew he wasn't making it up when Sechan said he didn't remember anything from that night.

"I really didn't want to relive and think about what happened" I told him.

"Please noona. I need to know, it's killing me to know that I tried to hurt you" he cried.

"Sechan-ah, I've forgiven you. If you're worried that I'm still angry at you, I'm not. The guy I met that night wasn't the same Sechan that I had gotten to know and I can see how much you really care about our friendship"

"Noona, I really am sorry. I don't know what came over me to do such a thing"

"If you don't remember... maybe it's better that way... for the both of us"

"What... what are you saying?"

"We should... forget about it for good"

"Are you really okay with that noona? What about Kim Jongkook? He seemed really protective of you the last time"

"I'll deal with him"

"All I want is that we go back to the way it was. It made me feel so guilty when you were avoiding us because of me. I didn't know what to tell them"

I placed a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. Poor Sechan, he couldn't even look me in the eye. His head hung low, staring at the ground.

"Sechan-ah, let's just pretend it didn't happen. Since none of us wants to be reminded, let's brush it aside" I tried to convince him to forget about it.

"I just don't understand how you could easily say that"

I couldn't let fear have the upper hand in my life. That was what I learned and if learning it the hard way was the only way to go, it was better than letting it take over instead.

"I want us to go back to normal, that's all. I wouldn't be here with you if I wasn't willing to make that happen" I admitted.

"I promise to be a better friend"

While saying that, he finally lifted his head up to look me in the eye. He used one hand to hold mine and the other hand, he placed on the top of my hand he held.

Once he let go of my hand, I pulled him into a hug as well, wrapping my arms around his waist, taking him by surprise. I felt his hesitancy, his arms didn't know what to do but they eventually found their way around me and patted my back with his hand. It was my way of telling him that everything was going to be okay.

"I'll bring you home, it's getting late too" he said as we pulled away from each other's embrace.

"You sure? It's getting dark, you should probably head home too"

"That's why I'll take you home first. This neighbourhood is safe but it's better to be more safe than sorry"

"Aww Sechan-ah, you're such a sweet person"