Another One?

"Unnie are you ready for this test?" Somin asked, turning her whole body to my direction as she sat in front of me.

I didn't have time to study since my mind was caught up on the person beside Somin, Yang Sechan. I had been keeping my distance from him and was pretty sure he had noticed it too.

"Oh Somin-ah, I guess I have no choice now but to be ready for it" I told her.

"The test will now commence" the teacher announced.

The teacher handed out the test papers himself and when he came around to me, anxiety started to kick in. I was so not ready for the exam especially that it was a math exam.

We were given twenty minutes to finish fifteen questions. At first, all I did was observe the room. The teacher sat back down on his chair at the front of the room, correcting other test papers.

I glanced at the others, thinking and working hard for the exam. It was hard not to notice Sechan in front of me. He kept scratching his head and had a confused face on.

Suddenly, I felt someone tap the back of my leg with their foot. I turned to look at Jongkook who rested his head on his hand and his elbow on the table acted as a support.

He raised his eyebrows at me as if he was asking what I was doing. I mouthed to him that I couldn't do the test.

"Ten minutes left everybody" the teacher announced.

I spent half of my time staring into space that I hadn't even looked at my test paper yet. The noise surrounding me disappeared. I stopped hearing the scribbling sound others made and the birds tweeting outside. All I heard was the ticking of the clock, constantly reminding me my time was running out.

I forced myself to look at the questions, studying it carefully before I answered but my mind went blank. I couldn't understand a single question. I panicked since I had a few minutes left to hand up my paper and didn't want to hand it up blank.

"Five minutes left" the teacher spoke again.

I gazed up at the teacher as he continued correcting a pile of test papers in front of him. Out of nowhere, Jongkook snatched my paper from me and started scribbling in the answers, copying the answers which I presumed were from his own paper before quickly giving it back.

Just in time, the teacher finished correcting his papers and lifted his head up to observe the room. Scanning my test paper, I didn't even know if the answers were right and all I could do was put my faith in Jongkook.

"Everyone put your pencils down, the test is over" the teacher said.

Again, the teacher went around to collect the papers himself, after handing mine up and the bell rang for lunch, my gaze quickly fell on Jongkook.

"I can't believe you did that!" I whispered.

"Would you rather hand it up blank?"

"No but...it.."

"Jihyo we're not even sure of the results yet" he smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean? Wait.. did you even study for this test?"

"No. I don't have time for these kind of things"

"Can you let me know what you actually have time for since you keep saying that"

He was teasing me a while ago but his facial expression changed fast. He was laughing and joking  with me then all of a sudden he put on a straight face.

"You wouldn't understand" he told me.

"You make it sound so serious"

"You have no idea"