Law Breaker

Lunch finished and Jongkook made me go back to class alone. I expected him to come back but he never did. So much for staying with me when in school as he told me.

I was in the middle of writing notes down from the board when the school bell rang, finishing a long day of school and finally being able to go home. I was surprised when Sechan turned towards me after packing up his things.

"Jihyo noona, can we talk?" he asked.

He got used to calling me 'noona' because Somin kept insisting that she called me 'unnie' and must have picked it up from her.

Just then, Somin turned our way too and my gaze landed on her. She just smiled at me and knew I couldn't get out of that situation. I hesitated to answer since I felt vulnerable without Jongkook by my side.

"I'll wait for you both outside" Somin notified us before leaving.

"Noona have you been avoiding the group because of me?" Sechan asked as soon as Somin was out of sight.

"W..what made you say that?"

"It wasn't that hard to tell. Every time you saw me, it's like you get scared. Did I do something wrong?"

"Sechan-ah, I'm just not ready to talk yet after what happened that night, I'm sorry, I better go"

I hastily grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder as I stood up, preparing to walk out of the room fast.

As soon as I stood up, Sechan grabbed onto my wrist and memories from that night flooded my mind. I froze in place from his touch, I felt paralyzed and even if I tried moving, my body wouldn't let me.

"Can you let me know what I did? I want to make it up to you so you wouldn't need to avoid us anymore" he said.

Was he pretending?

"How can you forget about it that easily when I've been having a hard time forgetting. I've been troubled with nightmares of what you did" I vented.

"I... I don't understand"

He confused me. I didn't know if he was pretending to have forgotten everything he did to me or if it was true. I felt the tremble in his voice as he spoke but I still couldn't trust him.

I thought if I had to explain it to him, it would be better to confront him there and then and ask why he did it.

"The day we studied in the library... you told me to go to our homeroom-

"I did? You were here too?"

While talking to Sechan, I remembered what Jongkook told me, that I should stop letting fear consume me but rather take control of my own fate. If the first step was standing up to Sechan, then I was determined to do so.

"Quit playing games with me, there's no way you don't remember why you told me to meet up with you here" I raised my voice slightly.

"Noona, I'll admit, I was here that night but... it's a blur. I just remember being on the floor but don't remember seeing you. I don't even know how I got here"

"If you don't believe me, check your phone! You even messaged me saying you had a surprise for Somin and needed help for it but it turned out to be bait, just to try and kill me"

"K..k..kill?"

He looked just as confused as I was and I could tell from his eyes he wasn't lying. He seemed desperate for answers.

He let go of my wrist and quickly took out his phone. He scrolled through his messages and when he found what he looked for, he put it out in front of me to show.