Chapter 2: Cute Enough

The Desinia castle stands alone on a low cliff by the sea.

Xia Zuoyi's bedroom is connected to the study and is the largest sea view room in the castle.

When the weather is fine, open the window, you can see the clear sky, flocks of seabirds flying low to hunt, and the calm sea with silver shimmering light.

It is undoubtedly a pleasure to read a book by the window or familiarize yourself with the big and small things in the castle.

So Xia Zuoyi asked Udit to bring a chair, set up a small round table, fragrant flowers, and a pot of water-soaked with lemon slices.

In the Western Continent, the main drinks are wine and water, not tea or coffee.

Lemon is used as a cheap condiment, and the way to drink it in water has never been heard of.

Before, Udit tried to stop him, but reluctantly compromised after, and finally agreed—Xia Zuoyi finally got his wish and drank lemonade.

It's not easy.

The weather by the sea is always overcast and unpredictable.

In the morning, it rained steadily. By noon, it was warm and sunny, and the sky was clear.

Xia Zuoyi put away the financial statement that the old financial officer handed over yesterday and couldn't help sighing.

The main source of the aristocracy's wealth was the tax revenue in the territory.

In order to be able to study alchemy, the old Earl Matt Desinia deliberately increased taxes, and the amount of money received was considerable.

But the cost of alchemy was too high, and the old Earl's usual behavior was extravagant and wasteful, never thrifty.

As a result, the financial statements in Xia Zuoyi's hands are already facing a serious deficit crisis.

—The sound of fluttering wings came into my ears.

Two seabirds fall on the windowsill together, comb each other's feathers, and fly away after a short pause.

Xia Zoe retracted his gaze and looked at Udit, who was standing quietly beside him, "Are you familiar with Wissas?"

"My Lord, I grew up in Wissas, so I'm naturally familiar with it."

"In that case, show me around, Udit."

"Yes."

Udit walked up to Xia Zuoyi, apologized for his rude behavior, reached out and gently raised Xia Zuoyi's arms, and lifted him away from the chair that was tall and wide for him.

"..."

Xia Zuoyi tried to maintain his inner peace, his expression as calm as possible.

Just get used to it, just get used to it.

He's only six years old, still a baby.

The town of Wissas is one kilometer away from the coastline, and far from Desinia Castle.

Xia Zuoyi asked the coachman to stop the carriage on the main road leading to the town.

Not far away, he could see countless low houses, peddlers, roads mixed with sewage, mud, and dung...

Perhaps because it had just rained in the morning, the air not only smelled more and more "fresh", there is almost no clean place on the road where you can walk on.

"My Lord, are we not going in?" Seeing the little Earl standing on the carriage and staring at the ground, the coachman summoned up the courage to ask.