Chapter 23: Try To Bully Me

The weather just entering spring is a bit erratic.

The sun was shining warmly for a few days then suddenly it became cold. The cool sea breeze blew into the castle, filling the place with a chill.

A few days ago, Toby was greedy for the cold, so he changed the thick clothes he had wrapped around him, and walked around the castle with only a thin coat.

In addition, he went to bed at night and kicked the quilt away, so he accidentally caught a cold.

Sneezing, runny nose...

One day passed, the next day it developed into a slight cough.

In the western continent, where medicine is backward and the treatment is primitive and barbaric, cold and fever are already serious diseases.

If you remembered, Xia Zuoyi Desinia was in a coma because of a fever.

Not only the servants in the castle were helpless, but even the doctors in the city or from outside did not dare to diagnose him easily.

The reason is—they have no way to cure such diseases.

Even once the treatment is started, the unique treatment methods of this era, such as bloodletting, blood sucking, and enema, are very likely to make a person's condition more serious and tortured.

By that time, it would be the easiest way for patients to die directly.

And if the object of the doctor's treatment is noble lords such as earls and marquis.

Their responsibilities and risks will be greater.

What will happen to the noble's body, is the outcome of the doctors will be.

If he is put to death, he will pay for his life.

Therefore, on the Western Continent, there is no way to become a doctor without a certain amount of courage and fortitude.

Although the profession of doctors will be respected, there are still few people who become doctors, and even a few are a little famous.

It can be said that the number of doctors in the whole kingdom of Gadaat will not exceed two digits.

This shows the current situation of the medical profession.

And most importantly, no one will think that the treatment methods of fumigation, burning, and amputation by doctors are barbaric and biased, which not only has no therapeutic effect but will lead to accelerated death of patients.

People will only think that such medical treatments are absolutely correct and blameless.

This is the perception of this era.

If you die, it's your own bad luck. It's not the doctor's fault.

But nobles have privileges.

If a noble dies because his illness is not cured, some doctors will be put to death. If they are lucky, they may stay in prison until they die of old age.

Civilians or slaves who want their illnesses to be treated generally cannot afford medicine.

Some doctors also disdain treating slaves.

Therefore, what civilians and slaves can do is to pray and repent to the God of Creation, bleed themselves, practice hard work, and exercise their will.

Generally speaking, it means to get through.

Maybe it will be better in a few days.

Toby also intends to get through it after he noticed that he was sneezing and had a runny nose.